Overlanding the Pennsylvania Wilds

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested, my daughter and I took the 4Runner out to the PA Wilds over Labor Day Weekend and had a blast exploring a small piece of the 2.1 million acres of public land!

A shame about the Kinzua Bridge, it went down 2 years before we came west from NW Pa. http://visitanf.com/kinzua-state-park-sky-walk/

You're making lifetime memories with your daughter.
thumbsup2.gif

I'd love to get into Overlanding! It's getting quite popular.

Some of my plans for this winter include getting the Cherokee reliable enough to where I can do it. There was an "overlanding" weekend trip at AOAA park near 81 ... but that's a few hundred miles west of you

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
A shame about the Kinzua Bridge, it went down 2 years before we came west from NW Pa. http://visitanf.com/kinzua-state-park-sky-walk/

You're making lifetime memories with your daughter.
thumbsup2.gif

It was definitely a weekend hard it top!

Originally Posted By: THafeez
Wow what an amazing trip!

10/10 will go again!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I'd love to get into Overlanding! It's getting quite popular.

Some of my plans for this winter include getting the Cherokee reliable enough to where I can do it. There was an "overlanding" weekend trip at AOAA park near 81 ... but that's a few hundred miles west of you

I'm very familer with AOAA. Been here several times and it is a blast!

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Nice...what was that bridge for? The old railway bridge?

It is an old railway bridge. They where restoring it in the early 2000's to make it a state park and a tornado literally went right through the center of it!

The sured up the standing section and left the remains as a testament to Mother Nature. It was epic to see in person!

That looks fantastic. I've always wanted to do something like that. Maybe one day...

Sad about the old bridge. I love old railroads and old trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back