Irma=200k-400k more flooded cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: GMFan
If you are in the used car market and are concerned about flooded cars just avoid cars that have record of being registered in Florida or Texas around the time of Irma.

Not always easy to figure out.
Some of the guys that buy and sell these are able to wife the trail of where the car came from without some good detective work.

For me it is a moot point since I am in the middle of the flood area.
Like I said, my solution will be to buy a vehicle made after the flood. Luckily I am not in the market for one right now.

It is one of the reasons I bought the motorcycle last week.
I had looked at the bike the day before the flooding started, and know the area where the bike was did not flood.
I know on bikes it is a lot harder to tell if it was flooded and much easier to clean up since they are out in the weather more than a car is.

The used bike market is also going to see a lot of flooded bikes as well.

If you see a 2004-06 Sportster Roadster, please let me know. I don't care how wet it got.

Not all cars in Florida are registered there. My older relative did get their vehicle a bit flooded with NH plates on the west coast off FL. They plan on driving up north and likely trading in. His winter home is a mess. The uninsured 2008 Camry runs okay and no errant lights despite having to shop vac water out.

Funny, yesterday on a ride near Columbus, Tx (on 71 just north of I-10) was a huge gravel lot in the middle of nowhere 1/2 full with several hundred cars, about 15 wreckers in there offloading vehicles. All different makes, models and years.
I am guessing it was an insurance storage lot for flooded vehicles.

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
Personally, I am excited about the prospect of buying a flood car cheap. I need another problem in my life!

Not me, central florida living this month consists of 300 feet of brush pickup and a broken roof that needs repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back