Schaeffer's Supreme 9000 5-w30 with TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using it for a few last runs on in my G37xS and wanted to see what its all about.

4ik80l.jpg

Last edited:
Wow look at the moly. Not as high as Redline I dont think but a healthy dose. Seems to be that Schaeffers and Redline think moly is pretty important. Come to think of it PYB 5w30 has a bit too. Looks good but TBN looks a bit low. Is this their high end full synthetic or a mid grade/syn-blend? I used to work for a private charter bus company and Schaeffer drums were in the shop. I never changed the oil, but checked and topped off if need be. How much is this stuff and is it something like amsoil where its dealer sold? Thank you for VOA

my mechanic keeps it in stock so its easy for me to get at decent price, but you can buy in online if you want.

What made you choose Supreme 9000? I used to be hardcore Redline and grew up on Mobil1 so I didnt know if someone you knew used it or auto shop recommended it. I have used Neo Synthetic and Motul 300V 5w30 so I get the whole botique oil thing. Theres a video of a van going a million miles on schaeffer oil and tear down. Have you seen it. I run a delivery service so I just run pennzoil platinum or ultra for costs as my oil is changed every two weeks. Quaker state is great in full synthetic for the money and I bought some for dirt cheap at AZ.

I'm starting to see more and more add packs with sodium. Yuck. Looks like I better get used to it.

Blackstone is most likely correct about the insolubles; probably some of that moly. Did you shake it?

Interesting oil. A hardware store near me has Schaeffers in stock and I've always wanted to try it. Thanks for the VOA.

when i was at my mechanic, i was going to do Mobil and he suggested Shcaeffer's, especially because my engine is high revving

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
I'm starting to see more and more add packs with sodium. Yuck. Looks like I better get used to it.

Blackstone is most likely correct about the insolubles; probably some of that moly. Did you shake it?

lol, no i didn't. but i don't know if USPS did

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Wow look at the moly. Not as high as Redline I dont think but a healthy dose. Seems to be that Schaeffers and Redline think moly is pretty important. Come to think of it PYB 5w30 has a bit too. Looks good but TBN looks a bit low. Is this their high end full synthetic or a mid grade/syn-blend? I used to work for a private charter bus company and Schaeffer drums were in the shop. I never changed the oil, but checked and topped off if need be. How much is this stuff and is it something like amsoil where its dealer sold? Thank you for VOA

The 9003 series is full syn. Schaeffers moly is most likely different than Redlines as well. Schaeffers Oil switched some of their products over awhile back to an advanced formula that actually requires less to accomplish the same or even better anti-frictional properties. Penetro w Moly is also a factor.

No. Schaeffers is proprietary. Also the tbn testing method is important to note. astm d2896 will be higher and less accurate than astmd4739. tbn retention is more important than an initial reading.

Originally Posted By: Marco620

Schaeffer's always has lower starting TBN but its retention is 2nd to none. It has manufactured lubricants in America longer than anyone else. The company is located in St. Louis, MO.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Schaeffer's always has lower starting TBN but its retention is 2nd to none. It has manufactured lubricants in America longer than anyone else. The company is located in St. Louis, MO.

Very true. They developed greases which lubricated steamboats and Wagon Wheels. They were the first to incorporate various forms of moly in oil, gear lubes, and greases.

I have met the Shields and Herrmann's of Schaeffer Oil. Good people to deal with and IMHO they make excellent products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back