1969 Mopar 440 under valve cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Have you ever tried the exhaust manifold gaskets that have the heat shield tabs that rise up past the exhaust port level? Lot of us have had good results with those keeping the heat off of the valve cover.

The "HP" manifolds are a magnificent design that will support over 500hp.
x2! Those manifolds performed as well, probably better than any after market header. The manifolds alone are worth a lot of money and are scarce as hens teeth.

Back when I subscribed to High Performance Mopar in the mid/late 1990s, one of the writers (Dave Foley???) had a 67 GTX that he tested all sorts of goodies on. For years it had a bone-stock look, including the HiPo manifolds like mine. At one point he had them extrude-honed and that picked up a few horsepower. I think he was in the high 11s at that point. He finally gave in and put on a set of TTI headers for an article and it did go faster, but not by a wide margin. I love the look of them, the only thing cooler were the 426 MaxWedge manifolds.

A drop top with A/C.......that would be one of how many? Beautiful! BTW, I took my drivers ed classes in a new 1969 Dodge Charger!

Originally Posted By: gman2304
A drop top with A/C.......that would be one of how many? Beautiful! BTW, I took my drivers ed classes in a new 1969 Dodge Charger!

Wow, that's quite a driver's ed vehicle, even if it were just a 318 car or a slant-6. I had the misfortune of taking driver's ed in the Maiaise era. Ours was a '77 Ford Granada. Straight six, with the instructor's brake cable routed under the gas pedal so you couldn't get full throttle travel, or the passing gear. :-/

Our Highschool drivers ed had AMC Pacers! I didn't take driver's ed.

You had a pretty good view of the road in that bizarre Bubble top; clown car didn't go too fast with the six.
Might be a cool sleeper with a 360.
Me I would prefer a Dart or a Nova or a Rambler for a sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back