Detailed parents Fusion, this car was gross

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old red Fusion that is now spare car status because my parents bought a Lincoln MKC a few months ago. The Fusion had not been cleaned in about 2 years and was nasty. I remember last time I cleaned the car for them it had 200,000 on the clock, now at 265,000. So I did what I could in an afternoon. Scrubbed the engine, wheel wells, tires and all that. Clayed the paint and waxed the car. Tried to give the windows and interior a good cleaning.

Here are some random before and after
IMG_0980 by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_0981 by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr
IMG_0984 by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

Much better

IMG_0986.JPG (2) by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr
IMG_0988.JPG (2) by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_0990.JPG (2) by Daniel Erickson, on Flickr

Very good job sir. That is a very good car. Pretty color there as well. You did a bang up job here. Now sell it
smile.gif
It looks more than ready for it now.

Nice work. Mind sharing what products you used?

I need to throw on a coat of wax. Guessing a clay bar couldn't hurt, but I have no idea what to use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chester11

I need to throw on a coat of wax. Guessing a clay bar couldn't hurt, but I have no idea what to use.

I have been using Collinite 845 wax on everything lately and I am a firm believer in clay before wax or your just wasting your time. Spray Away glass cleaner is a must for windows. I also like to use Turtle Wax ICE interior cleaner and protectant on the whole interior and then go over the leather seats and other soft materials with Lexol leather conditioner. Lightly dress the tires and black trim with Meguiars tire gel.

Great job!! Ford Fusions are excellent vehicles. As you can see I now own two. Which engine does it have?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Looks great. Leather seats have held up very well for 265K!

Not to bad.. both front seats have that notorious crack on the side of the bottom cushion where you would exit the car.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Great job!! Ford Fusions are excellent vehicles. As you can see I now own two. Which engine does it have?

3.0L V6. Runs like a top.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
Originally Posted By: Chester11

I have been using Collinite 845 wax on everything lately and I am a firm believer in clay before wax or your just wasting your time.

More so if it's been a long time since it has been waxed or sealed. If either has been done on a good schedule then you will have some protection against clear coat contamination. Ultimately all it takes is to feel how smooth it is and then decide.

That's some seriously nice work there, Dan.. just freaking awesome. The car looks new! Do they plan on keeping it now? Or are you cleaning it up so they can sell it?

I'm guessing that now that it looks like that, they'll suddenly want to drive it more.

I have been using Collinite 845 wax on everything lately and I am a firm believer in clay before wax or your just wasting your time. Spray Away glass cleaner is a must for windows. I also like to use Turtle Wax ICE interior cleaner and protectant on the whole interior and then go over the leather seats and other soft materials with Lexol leather conditioner. Lightly dress the tires and black trim with Meguiars tire gel.

Very nice Dan! One thing I did differently this year after claying is giving it an IPA(rubbing alcohol) wipe down prior to applying the LSP(last step product). Durability seems to have gone way up. I also let the sealant cure in the garage for 24 hours which I think helped a great deal. Since evening/morning dew and condensation can affect the curing process. So two things I did differently this year. Well maybe 3 things since using a cheapie wax spreader and remover from WM. Made the process so much easier and enjoyable.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Very nice Dan! One thing I did differently this year after claying is giving it an IPA(rubbing alcohol) wipe down prior to applying the LSP(last step product). Durability seems to have gone way up. I also let the sealant cure in the garage for 24 hours which I think helped a great deal. Since evening/morning dew and condensation can affect the curing process. So two things I did differently this year. Well maybe 3 things since using a cheapie wax spreader and remover from WM. Made the process so much easier and enjoyable.

Those are a couple good ideas that I might have to try next time on my own car before winter hits. I also use a 6 inch soft pad on a DA polisher to spread the wax and that makes for a very nice even layer applied quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back