97 Silverado 1500 5.0 V8 4X4 5-speed manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, I don't think that the VIN listed is correct. I have a Manheim dealer account that gives you free access to simplified Autocheck reports. That VIN came back as invalid by Manheim and the Autocheck report states:
No. of Historical Events 0
Last Reported Event Date --
Calculated Owners 0
Last Reported Mileage 0
Calculated Accidents 0

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/wind97-chevrolet-silverado/6287007724.html

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/mileschevrolet-silverado-1500/6266057953.html

I think those ads are scams...common on CL.

The truck is definitely overpriced at $7K, but it's a very clean 119K mile 4x4 V8...$2500 would be a steal for that anywhere. We don't have state inspections or local rust here and $2500 is still 200K mile/2WD territory for decent trucks. $2500 would be a good price for a clean V6 2WD 1500 with 119K.

A friend of mine paid only $3K for a 1998 Z71 ext cab with 151K miles in excellent condition, but he bought it from his father in law who was buying a new truck. KBB private party value is over $5K, and I've seen similar trucks sell for much more.

In 97 I ordered a half ton regular cab short bed 4x4 but with the 4.3 V6 and a 5 speed. I put 100k miles on it when I sold it without a single problem. Transmission wasn't a real smooth shifter but it worked and never broke. I never had to put a clutch in it over that time either.

I didn't know GM had a 5.0.

I like it. The rollbar thing doesn't look too offensive.. Can't say I'd keep it or take it off..

Definitely remove the side steps and perhaps the bed cover depending on the intended use.

*Never mind about the bed cover. I thought it was fiberglass. It looks to be a tonneau cover. You're good. She's right out of the 90's.. that's for sure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

It is overpriced, but still a $4K-5K truck easily, at least around here.

+1

4x4 rust bucket trucks that barely run and drive seem to still sell for $4-5k here.

I'm hoping they didn't screw that gawd-awful looking roll bar thingy into the sheet metal, but it looks like it was. That'll require bodywork. Tail pipes are an easy fix with a sawzall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back