Pajero coming to U.S.A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
And I thought the Pontiac Aztec was ugly....

Sometimes you just cannot be nice and be honest at the same time.

Doesn't look like it's in real metal yet, the real deal will be a lot more acceptable. The old Pajero is still in limited production, and Mitsi said they had no real plans to scrap it...so maybe this is some Nissan tie up. The Gen III has been out since 2000, still a good platform as a 4x4 goes, and still pretty high tech compared to some. We get the Pajero Sport now, which is just a rebadged Challenger, based on the Triton chassis. Pretty fancy, but it's not a Pajero.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Wow!
Seriously *****.
Mitsu has outdone itself with this one.
While there has never been a Mitsubishi that could be thought of as eye candy, this thing is certainly a sharp stick.
Lord help those who actually have to look at the couple of hundred of these that will sell very cheaply in this market, as well as the third worlders who will have the rest dumped upon them.

While this one is ugly (but might sell because of this), I thought the 96-06 Galant wagon was a looker.

Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Wow!
Seriously *****.
Mitsu has outdone itself with this one.
While there has never been a Mitsubishi that could be thought of as eye candy, this thing is certainly a sharp stick.
Lord help those who actually have to look at the couple of hundred of these that will sell very cheaply in this market, as well as the third worlders who will have the rest dumped upon them.

While this one is ugly (but might sell because of this), I thought the 96-06 Galant wagon was a looker.

You know, you're right. That was a nice looking wagon.
I also forgot about the late 3000GT which was pretty attractive.

Mitsubishi is missing the mark here as the market is shifting to 3 row SUV / crossover models as consumers are getting away from minivans. While the Pajero has flip down seats, it's pretty tight.

They have 3 row SUV/Crossover models. The Pajero is the next level, think Landcruiser, Patrol etc...although it's more in Rangerover territory with it's luxury trim level and independent suspension.

The concept vehicle in the OP is nowhere close to being a production model, but as far as crossovers go, it looks pretty run of the mill. Not any worse than what Ford did to the Explorer, and looks about the same IMO. Just another FWD car on steroids with optional donk wheels.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I hope they slapped the designer that delivered this SUV.

Or at least cut off his intake of Kirin Ichiban...

I hate Nissan as a rule, although I enjoy driving their cars because of excellent acceleration, handling, and fuel economy.
Anyhow, I think its great that they are bringing the Pajero here IF - - IF! They keep the Pajero name.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I hate Nissan as a rule, although I enjoy driving their cars because of excellent acceleration, handling, and fuel economy.
Anyhow, I think its great that they are bringing the Pajero here IF - - IF! They keep the Pajero name.

It's a Mitsubishi.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

It's a Mitsubishi.
Open mouth, insert feet. Boy do I feel especially dumb. Thanks for the correction, sir. For the record I'm ambivalent about diamond star motors.

For the Mitsubishi haters - Mitsubishi were 3rd best seller in the New Zealand market for July...mainly from the Triton ute sales, which were 3rd after Ford and Toyota...Although the Outlander is selling well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back