15313 Pure One cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just curious about how this filter held up after 8600 miles over 30 months of use using redline oil 5w-40 in a 2003 8.1l engine, so I cut it open. Pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Doesnt look bad. Any tears or split pleats? Does the antidrainback valve have ant cuts in it.

Did the engine have high valve noise on startup?

No tears or splits in the pleats, no cuts in the drain back valves and no noise on startup. Used Redline oil in it since first oil change 87k on it now, it pulls 12k trailer most of the time, 32ft tall box trailer and 12k open trailer too.

edit for typo

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SuperChevy
... 32ft tall box trailer and 12k open trailer too...

you have a trailer that's 32 feet tall?

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: SuperChevy
... 32ft tall box trailer and 12k open trailer too...

you have a trailer that's 32 feet tall?

Ahahaha maybe he meant "32ft long, tall box trailer", at least that's how I read it.

you are correct... 32' long, tall box
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Seems like a small filter for an 8.1L engine. Interesting

has to be to clear the front driveshaft... 4wd

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
looks great for the age

I was happy with the condition of the filter. With all the tear and rip threads on the oil guy, I just had to check...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
How are the cans on these?

Typical metal thickness as most other brands like AC Delco, Scag, Wix, and Fram. I can measure the thickness of the metal used for the can if you like... It does have a textured finish for better grip... I don't need a wrench to removed them even with oily hands.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Seems like a small filter for an 8.1L engine. Interesting

Unless he has a 2WD truck, this is as big a filter as you're fitting in there as the front driveline is about 2 inches below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back