Fram Ultra New 20K Mile Rating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Now.. is the 4967 size one of the main problem children ??? Don't believe so at all. That size filter is about the same as my 14612 which has been without issues at all being that they are so small and short.

Not that I'm ware of that the filter my Toyota takes and they are the same size as all my other Toyota brand filters.

Yes sir I agree. The 4967 is a small filter which is good to go. Being that small has a upside for sure.

I'm now thinking 2 OCI's on each Ultra filter - I maintain 5 vehicles in good shape which use synthetic oil , so using each Ultra for 2 OCI's is a win - win in performance / savings .

Hi,
Would not an old filter, filter, better than a "new" filter. A new filter would stop 20 microns of [censored], but a used one one stop smaller as its "larger" pores are blocked?
A used 20 micron filter would filter better than a new filter; flow would be less?

Cheers,
Iain.

Originally Posted By: SpitFire6
Hi,
Would not an old filter, filter, better than a "new" filter. A new filter would stop 20 microns of [censored], but a used one one stop smaller as its "larger" pores are blocked?

Not according to a paper published by Purolator/Mann+Hummel discussed in a couple of recent threads. Their lab data showed efficiency decreasing some as the filter loaded up, then shooting up quickly right before it became 100% clogged. The loss in efficiency with loading was less with the smaller particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back