Amsoil EFM 5W40, 9.3k mi, '01 VW Jetta VR6 192k mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA on the $250 VW Jetta VR6 project. I've owned the car for 16 months now and have replaced a lot of parts. The engine is all original and internally untouched other than replaced timing chains/guides/tensioners. Car has been daily driven hard from October 2016-current with no new problems. Had a brand new oil cooler leak oil into the cooling system that made a 14 quart milkshake on I-75 last September (the only time I didn't buy a genuine VW part). Flushed both engine and cooling system and replaced radiator. Glad to see Blackstone found no contamination. I replaced the oil pump as a precaution in January only to have received a faulty pump. In 15 miles of driving, the pump shed lots of metal. Replaced with a third pump and all is fine although pressure did not change (12 psi at hot idle). The metal referenced in the report that I could see in the filter might be residual from the oil pump failure I guess. The car also pulled 1600 lbs. in a Uhaul trailer for 500 miles on this oil. Looking at the report, I'd say that Iron is a little high. Maybe not for the type of usage the car saw. It's hard to find UOA data on VR6 engines so theres not much to compare to. Oil used was Amsoil European car formula 5w40 with a Mann filter. Blackstone wrote 2.8L V-6 on the report. To clarify, the engine is a 2.8L VR6. Picture is of rod bearing #6 at 181k miles after the new oil pump failure.

You can buff that out
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back