need help added old bottle of Schaeffers 132 and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found an unopened bottle of Schaeffers 132 and wanted to try it. it might be from 2010 tho. it was thicker than honey, kinda like that STP stuff from the 80s. No it was like blue goop. took several min to clear a narrow funnel. Black bottle was stored indoors in a box no sunlight and not deformed. So thick i only added 40% of the bottle. it says add the whole pint to 94 Camaro Z28

First drive, quieter but oil pressure is remaining high for 6 or 7 min, like cold start pressure, not going down. So i came home and shut down after only 7 min. Ambient 85F.

my water temp gauge sensor is not working, have to replace. i'm worried about blocked oil passages. has this happened to anyone?

did it thicken too much or interact with the Valv max life 10w-30 in there? thanks

Last edited:
No worries, the product has a great reputation, especially in older oil burning engines.

It finally reached oper idle pressure after 20 min or so. Had some valvetrain noise seems quieter. I was paranoid w/o coolant temp working. thanks

Last edited:
132 is good stuff you're fine with the amount you added. Run it.
smile.gif

It has antimony , an antiwear additive. I use it mixed with oil for installing piston rings, and lubing the cylinder walls during rebuild.

7 weeks later (but only 400 miles) the engine is running smoother than a long time. Hot idle oil pressure looks about 21 or 22 psi vs 18 or 19 before with 5W-30 or 10W-30 and takes 5 or 10 min longer to reach. I think protection has been increased. 40 to 50% of the 132 pint only, still have the rest. and I fixed my water temp gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back