Slow Cookers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I was looking at a Crockpot brand slow cooker today at Costco . I don't know what they make that removable liner out of but it'd heavy! It's big and black and feels like a cast iron bathroom sink!

Dude! That is the "cock" in "crock pot." It's called crockery. Earthenware. What they cooked in back in Middle Earth, or Middle England, or something "middle"...
wink.gif
. Like a Dutch oven, it's what makes it all work.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/crock

I was looking at a Crockpot brand slow cooker today at Costco . I don't know what they make that removable liner out of but it'd heavy! It's big and black and feels like a cast iron bathroom sink!

I don't think you can go wrong with the crockpot brand, we have three of them in different sizes. The one I use most is over 20 years old and works just like it did when new. The newer one is bigger and has a locking lid the wife uses to take things to work.

A half bag frozen hash browns, shredded potatoes, or a box Hungry Jack Dehydrated hash browns, re-hydrated
1 cup cheese
3/4 cup milk
6 eggs
1 pound cooked sausage, (in small pieces)
A half bag 3 pepper and onion blend, frozen

Grease Slow cooker

Add hash browns
Add cooked sausage
Add cheese
Chop peppers and onions in 1/4 inch chunks, add
Mix eggs and milk together, add to slow cooker.

Do not stir!

Cook 2-5 hours, until 160 degrees....

If doubling, use 2 cups milk.
This becomes an ultra easy "open bag, add to cooker" recipe...

We have a big oval one with TWO crockery inserts...the normal one and one with a center divider if you ever wanted to make two smaller dishes...we use the heck out of the normal insert, have never touched the one with the divider.

We also have a little round one for meatballs or queso dip.

Nothing better than walking in the house on a cold winter afternoon smelling a roast slow-cooking!

You always make me shake my head or as my pops says "where do these people come from?"
lol.gif

Yep,
for whatever reason, you can pick these things up for a little bit of nothing.
A cut of cheap, tough beef or pork, some veggies and potatoes, some seasoning and a little stock and you're all set.
Just set it up, leave for work and come home to a good comfort food meal.
Nothing could be easier or tastier for the small effort involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back