Product to keep bugs from sticking to car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am driving this weekend to Kansas City for our annual dart mean. There will be around 150 darts. I am looking for something to spray on my front end to keep the bugs from sticking so when I get there I can hit a car wash and the bugs will wash right off. Any suggestions?

I thought the thread title was rather peculiar and then I saw it's a ram_man thread.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I thought the thread title was rather peculiar and then I saw it's a ram_man thread.
laugh.gif

Merk you're not really one to talk there, buddy.

If you don't care about how you look on the way there, just put a bunch of blue painters tape on all vertical forward-facing surfaces. Then when you arrive at the meet, pull up the tape and freshen up with some quick detailer.

Extending the above approach, maybe one of those "car bra" things? Can't remember where I've seen them, maybe Australia.

Looked like they would do the job.

REJEX - NOTHING STICKS BUT THE SHINE!

RejeX is a thin-film polymer coating, used instead of wax or polish, to provide the ultimate, durable high-gloss protective finish for vehicles of all types.

Entirely synthetic, RejeX's protective characteristics far exceed those of traditional wax products. It highly resistant to chemicals, detergents, acids and UV, which deteriorate paint over time.

Even though RejeX contains no polishing additives per se, the deep, lustrous high-gloss finish rivals that of any polish or glaze.

http://www.rejex.com/

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Vaseline ?

Lol. That would sort of "keep them from sticking to the car". How thick would you suggest it be applied? What is the MVFT?

Imagine going to the drug store to buy 34 large jars of Vaseline. How awkward.

A nice coat of Mothers sealant to the front end before the trip. Kind of optional but will make removal a little easier esp if the sun is out.

Required: Once you get to the destination spray the front end with Meguiars or Mothers waterless wash($9 here). Wipe with plush microfiber. I spray down the windshield, front side of mirrors, front bumper cover, grille, leading edge of hood, headlights, etc. All products available at Walmart. The spray wash also contains some protection in it.

Once you get home repeat the front end wipe down.

Cooking oil or Pam. I've used Pam for 4x4 keeps mud from sticking. Put it on light. You don't want it on the windshield. Good luck!

Respectfully,

Pajero

I've always found a good coat of your favorite wax or sealant works just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back