Which entry level AR is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
My understanding of your country comes from Slovenian officers assigned to the NATO HQ in Norfolk while I was assigned there, not Google. In fact, I was deeply involved, in 2007, in the early steps of the approval process of the NATO COE for Mountain Warfare in Bohinjska Bela as part of a set of Centres of Excellence accredited by HQ SACT under MCM-236-04.

Interesting
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I was told, by Slovenians, that you have very tight restrictions, including a lengthy and bureaucratic process, on the ownership of semi-auto rifles and magazine-fed handguns, but that no permit was required to carry a firearm if you had obtained permission to own one.

Perhaps that's changed.

Most probably they were speaking for a military and/or police personel.....from testemonies from my friend who works in police I can recall that after the 91 war some units were alowed to possess full auto weapons in home care...to cover urgent scenarios....

But even the toughest and the most trained guys can break down sometimes (alcohol abuse....ex wife....whatever the reason)
smile.gif
So they discontinued that practice shortly after the incident or two....

Only special police unit is now allowed to possess full auto weapons at home (often only those who are on duty/stand by for a FUBAR scenarios)

As a citizen you are not allowed to carry anything (thanks god because I dont want to be living in wild wild west
smile.gif
)

There are some exceptions (if you are under protection).....but IF you have/are allowed to cary anything....you are already dead
smile.gif

I have had two S&W AR's, and both were excellent. I have also had Colts, PSAs, I'm sure others I forget.

1) Original Sport model with the 5R nitrided (heavy) barrel (c.2008/9 I think). Excellent gun, especially w/that barrel. The new one is a bit cheaper but still a solid, solid gun.

2) Magpul Spec Mid-gas. Awesome gun (also with the nitrided 5R barrel, but slim profile). This was a great gun, especially once I stripped off the cheap Magpul stuff and put quality sights and stocks on it.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N

As a citizen you are not allowed to carry anything (thanks god because I dont want to be living in wild wild west
smile.gif
)

Last OFF topic.....

Because english is not my primary language....I have missunderstood "carry" as concealed carry....

Yes you can carry anything that is semi auto. BUT that means from your location where you have your weapon registered (usually your home) to the firing range...and back.

You would lose your "gun permission" if police will ID you for instance while you will be drinking your coffe in a bar....and if they will know that you carry your pistol in a trunk of your car.

Most are generic & use generic / mil-spec parts . I have assembled more than 1 .

They shoot fine .

Buy good mags , I like USGI mags .

Originally Posted By: locomaster1969
Del Ton 399.99 at CDNN Sports

I built a DelTon from a kit and it was an excellent shooter; very accurate. Turned out I'm too old school
to really like the "black" guns and sold it. They are LOUD too....way more than my M1 Carbines.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Originally Posted By: locomaster1969
Del Ton 399.99 at CDNN Sports

I built a DelTon from a kit and it was an excellent shooter; very accurate. Turned out I'm too old school
to really like the "black" guns and sold it. They are LOUD too....way more than my M1 Carbines.

You are supposed to wear hearing protection .

Yes , louder than .30 Carbine .

Yes , DEL-TON is fine .

Be safe out there , :-0

Bought a Ruger AR 556 last summer. Paid close to list price at the time...pre-election and a week before the Orlando massacre...which was $689 MSRP or so. Local gun stores jacked pics even higher the week following.

All that aside...great gun. Great customer service from Ruger. I chewed up the Delta ring as it got really locked on, one call to Ruger and three days later I hade a new Delta ring and new forward grip. At under $500 they are hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
As a citizen you are not allowed to carry anything (thanks god because I dont want to be living in wild wild west....

If you ever move here, be sure to checkout California.... You'll fit right in.

You mean the Peoplse Rupublik of Kalifornia ?

No , thank you . Was it Heinlein that said an armed society is a polite society ?

Originally Posted By: callbay
Which entry level AR is best?

The Colt 6920 is the gold standard entry level gun for a reason. They work, and Colt knows how to make a good one.

Right now you can get a Mexican dept of defense overstock gun for cheap.
https://www.gundeals.com/colt-le6920-magpul-mexico-marked-5-56-nato

The railed Colt 6920 Trooper is also a STEAL at current prices.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod....56+NATO+16.1+3

Spend just a little bit more now, and you get a lot more rifle, which will hold its value more and be worth a TON more during the next panic or ban.

The Ruger or Smith Sport will always be $500 to $600 guns. The Colts will sell for $3000 during the next ban/panic.

Well , my Wife drives a Chevy , not a Cadillac ( or Lexus , Beamer , etc.) . Seems to get her where she needs to go .

Enough said .

But , if you wish to go high dollar , and it is your own money , go for it .

Us poor folks have poor ways .

Best wishes , :)

That is what I have read .

What about FN , they were making rifles for Uncle Sugar a while back ?

Best wishes , :0)

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
That is what I have read .

What about FN , they were making rifles for Uncle Sugar a while back ?

Best wishes , :0)

They were and still are. Theirs are some of the best made.

Are semi-auto versions sold to the public ? In the stats that are still mostly free ?

Best wishes , :)

The AR15 rifle, Americas rifle, is semi-auto, so yes, they are sold to the public. Most popular gun in America, millions and millions sold.

I figured some / all of the rifles FN is / was selling to Uncle Sugar would be select fire .

So , I was asking if FN is selling semi-auto rifles to the public .

Sorry I did not say this more clearly .

Best luck , :)

I figured some / all of the rifles FN is / was selling to Uncle Sugar would be select fire .

So , I was asking if FN is selling semi-auto rifles to the public .

Sorry I did not say this more clearly .

Best luck , :)

Yes they sell semi-auto to the public. You can get select fire if you follow all the procedures to get a NFA item including the tax stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back