Danika loses ride, finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Could it be she will ride a few seasons in Moto GP circuit?

It takes a lot more skill to ride a Motorcycle to it's potential, than it does to drive a car. Even if she rides, she hasn't raced at a level anywhere near that of MotoGP.

Originally Posted By: Kira
To ARCOgraphite and everyone else:

GET IT RIGHT "...I could care less" is actually incorrect to say. It means you care.

SAY: "I couldn't care less". It's still an expression (so you maintain your popularism) AND it's what you want to convey.

Dangerous trend kn a forum to be the grammar police.
Nect you're enforcing the spelling and then the punctuation.

Pretty soon its issuing jnfractions for poor sentence structure.

But then I personally could care a less.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Smacks of sexism, buddy!

Actually I could care less
smile.gif

I am placing him into what I call the basket of deplorables.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Richard Petty was right! He caught a lot of flack for saying after her rookie year that the only way she could win a race was if she were driving the only car on the track.
grin.gif

My, man....
grin.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: Kira
To ARCOgraphite and everyone else:

GET IT RIGHT "...I could care less" is actually incorrect to say. It means you care.

SAY: "I couldn't care less". It's still an expression (so you maintain your popularism) AND it's what you want to convey.

Dangerous trend kn a forum to be the grammar police.
Nect you're enforcing the spelling and then the punctuation.

Pretty soon its issuing jnfractions for poor sentence structure.

But then I personally could care a less.

But "irregardless"
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Lenny5160
Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
I always wondered why she left indy car.

Because NASCAR is a WAY more popular series in terms of fan attendance and TV ratings? $$$$

Because she could sell millions in t-shirts and other swag. I'm serious.

Plus, the jig was up in Indycar. People saw her for was she was, a money machine that could drive but couldn't race. She was also VERY hard on the hired help, officials and other drivers. A diva in a world of merit. Oil and water.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I believe in racers getting rides based on merit, not sponsorship dollars and glitz.

It has been a long time since rides were awarded based solely on merit/driving talent, in almost every form of racing.

A long time, as in, never... seriously, it makes me laugh when people suggest this. I'm sure there are weird corner cases, but ultimately, almost every driver out there is paying their way to be there in some form or another.

I like Danika, she's good looking, kind of a jerk and a hot head. She's perfect for NASCAR. I thought for sure we'd see some fireworks out of her last Saturday.

Motor racing has NEVER been about the best driver, it has always been about the best driver in a group of rich or marketable people. I hope she finds a ride, if Derrike Cope can, she can too.

Do not forget about couple of years ago Stewart Haas swaped drivers only, Kurt Bush and Danica, Kurt got her team winning races and in the championship, Danica took Kurts race winning team and we'll you know what's she's done with that, and an endless stream of drivers coaches, she even had Johnny Benson for a while, what other top driver or sponsored car has or needs a driver coaches, enough said.
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: Toto
........ what other top driver or sponsored car has or needs a driver coaches, enough said.
TOTO.

One that has a drama queen as a driver. Who has one win under her belt in a 19 year career in motorsports. Which only came because the guy in front of her ran out of gas. And that has basically paid her over $30 million dollars over that time to lose races, and wreck cars. SHR should be able to hire a new driver, and pay all his salary with all the money they'll save, by not having to fix so many of the cars she's managed to wreck.

I hate to beat it to death but I will, Brad K was promised the 5 car by Rick Hendrick but Brad had no money or sponsorship but Danica did but wasn't ready for cup racing yet so they put Mark Martin in the 5 and they didn't have to worry about pleasing Mark long term he just wanted a competitive ride towards the end of his career, after Rick Hedrick seen her race in the Xfinity series (or whatever it was called) and the ARCA series there was no way he was going to take her so that's when he locked down Casey Kahne even getting him in the Red Bull Toyota till the 5 was available, Rick pawned her off to Haas and Tony for $ to start another team and Hendrick at that time supplied all the cars and motors and still made his money, that's how it went!
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
I believe in racers getting rides based on merit, not sponsorship dollars and glitz.

It has been a long time since rides were awarded based solely on merit/driving talent, in almost every form of racing.

A long time, as in, never... seriously, it makes me laugh when people suggest this. I'm sure there are weird corner cases, but ultimately, almost every driver out there is paying their way to be there in some form or another.

Well, go ahead and laugh at yourself because you are simply wrong. Sure there are a few with rich daddies that buy rides (Lance Stroll comes to mind) and I'll even grant you that buying rides is more prevalent than in the past but the top tier get rides because they win and bring the equipment home in one piece.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Toto
........ what other top driver or sponsored car has or needs a driver coaches, enough said.
TOTO.

One that has a drama queen as a driver. Who has one win under her belt in a 19 year career in motorsports. Which only came because the SEVEN guys in front of her ran out of gas. And that has basically paid her over $30 million dollars over that time to lose races, and wreck cars. SHR should be able to hire a new driver, and pay all his salary with all the money they'll save, by not having to fix so many of the cars she's managed to wreck.

Small correction required. She was running 8th in Tokyo when she began running half speed to nurse it to the finish. She nearly caused several wrecks as surprised drivers running at full speed came upon her in the racing line. She should have been black-flagged but IndyCar wanted her to win.

Typical know-nothing media column in IndyStar today about how Indycar "needs" her. Good grief!

Last edited:
"There is no such thing as bad publicity". Don't know who said it, but they had a good point. Every website that mentions her gets tons of hits and she keeps doing what she's doing. The more comments(good and bad),the more money she makes.
What happened at Montreal years ago when someone threw something off a footbridge and messed her car up? Was she in the lead then?

Small correction required. She was running 8th in Tokyo when she began running half speed to nurse it to the finish. She nearly caused several wrecks as surprised drivers running at full speed came upon her in the racing line. She should have been black-flagged but IndyCar wanted her to win.

Also, didn't almost half of the Indy Car field at the time, not participate in that race?

Prime example of why Nascar is a joke. Real racers that come up thru the ranks have no chance of getting a ride yet a flunky like Danica drags on for six seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back