Danika loses ride, finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smacks of sexism, buddy!

Actually I could care less
smile.gif

Not any intended. I believe in racers getting rides based on merit, not sponsorship dollars and glitz. I state nothing but the facts plus my fervent wish that my favorite series doesn't repeat mistakes of the past.

Last edited:
The more interesting thing about NASCAR news from yesterday is the ugly split between Petty and Smithfield. They're getting savage with each other. I bet Aric Almirola to the #10 car.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
The more interesting thing about NASCAR news from yesterday is the ugly split between Petty and Smithfield. They're getting savage with each other. I bet Aric Almirola to the #10 car.

Aric Almirola who and [censored] is that? All you Danika haters are showing your colors because you don't insist that all the drivers that have finished below her be dismissed from NASCAR as a bunch of people who lack talent in racing. By the way I believe that number 88 finished behind her in a couple times maybe this year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Please, please IndyCar, stay away!

I wouldn't worry. They're not going to want her either. She has become about as popular as the stomach flu.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Smacks of sexism, buddy!

The only thing that, "smacks of sexism", is the FACT she wasted 6 years in a good car, and accomplished nothing. 6 years that someone who actually possessed any talent, could have done something with. T&A won't get you across the finish line any faster. If she's proven anything, she's proven that. Now she can accomplish what's more in line with her talent level. Selling her wine, (Whine), and petting her dogs.

Richard Petty was right! He caught a lot of flack for saying after her rookie year that the only way she could win a race was if she were driving the only car on the track.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I believe in racers getting rides based on merit, not sponsorship dollars and glitz.

It has been a long time since rides were awarded based solely on merit/driving talent, in almost every form of racing.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Smacks of sexism, buddy!

Actually I could care less
smile.gif

You mean the sexism of showing favoritism to a less qualified person simply because of their gender?
Which in this case was female?

If so, then I agree.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: austinlunsford

Aric Almirola who and [censored] is that? All you Danika haters are showing your colors because you don't insist that all the drivers that have finished below her be dismissed from NASCAR as a bunch of people who lack talent in racing. By the way I believe that number 88 finished behind her in a couple times maybe this year.

Do you not follow the sport? Aric Almirola? The last person to win in the 43 car? And it's Danica, and I'm not a Danica hater, I've always hoped that she would do well, and honestly she hasn't been worthy of a top tier car like she has been in for 6 seasons. I wish her the best of luck. She's not had a terrible season, had a stretch of top 15 finishes, and all. She's actually been running decently, and got caught up in some incidents that were not her fault. She's not bringing sponsorship dollars anymore, so she is being replaced. It's a business.

I am glad she is out before she killed somebody. I am not a big racing fan but from what I saw she was bad and borderline dangerous.

To ARCOgraphite and everyone else:

GET IT RIGHT "...I could care less" is actually incorrect to say. It means you care.

SAY: "I couldn't care less". It's still an expression (so you maintain your popularism) AND it's what you want to convey.

I always wondered why she left indy car. I think NASCAR is physically demanding and I never saw her with the strength that others had. She wanted to be treated as a serious driver, but her swimsuit calendars, clothing line and perfume makes me think otherwise. The other thing that bothered me is she would finish a race in 35th and have more reporters asking her questions than the winner of the race.

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
I always wondered why she left indy car.

Because NASCAR is a WAY more popular series in terms of fan attendance and TV ratings? $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back