Diesel prices stayed the same, but gas went up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diesel has a commodity contract market, so most likely someone has a lot of contracts to pay for if the market prices varies too much. Someones will do all they can to keep the prices steady.

Gas is still hard to come by in the Houston area. I guess hurricane Irma is putting a demand on the supply. It's all a scam. For the last 4 years, the oil industry has been in the hole because of low prices and excess supply, where is all the supply now? I was at a station yesterday grabbing lunch (don't ask) the only fuel they had was diesel. This station is huge too with like 30 pumps.

Man I guess we really do get a discount for being 10 minutes away from the refineries. lol Then again Pennzoil comes from Pennsylvania, so I would assume they have a ton of oil refineries up there also?

The question I have is why are all stations priced the same. I'm talking about different counties with different taxes where the prices are always different. Northern Va. fuel has a DC Metro tax on top of county taxes. Fuel is always 15-20cents cheaper further west. Now gas is 2.49 and diesel is 2.59 from DC to WV...all brands. Never seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back