Double blinded VOA study of muscle car oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: Popsy
Except if the labs don't know what oil they are analyzing ?

Right, so this a blind study, not "double".
It would be double if the person mailing the sample out to the labs didn't know what oil they were mailing, which would be ridiculous & useless in this experiment. Scientists only use "double" blind methods when the person giving a treatment or drug or conducting the experiment could possibly introduce bias, and in this case, just mailing in a sample doesn't introduce any bias.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
It's irrelevant whether or not you are blinded. Doesn't matter. You should only be blind if it actually matters.
Scientists do "double-blind" when the experimenter would have maybe introduced some bias into the experiment. You cannot.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
The person analyzing the data should be blinded should not know what oil is which to eliminate any bias. They should analyze the data blindly and a 3rd disinterested party should unblind the study after all the data is analayzed. Well, that's how we roll with drug studies. Maybe this study doesn't require such a strenuous level of unbias.

The 3rd party has a secret key. A=Mobil 1, B=PYB, etc. The labs and data cruncher only know A, B, C...

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: txchief
I know that. If you actually read the study, you'll see I blinded myself only as a challenge to see if I could match the sample to the product. I wasn't even close, but it was fun.I know that.

Then you still posted into a Forum that has no relevance to your study.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back