Verizon vs AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you've failed to tell me why I'm wrong. All you can do is babble on with you propaganda.

You've said nothing to refute my statements and that's because you can't.

My relatives that have Cricket have it because it's cheap and they probably don't have sufficient credit to get Verizon or AT&T(although they have prepaid plans). Not my business. They've complained about the service several times and I've been told, "I wish we could get Verizon or AT&T). With Cricket, there's a reason there's no contract and you have to pay for you phone up front. The company assumes no risk if a customer defaults on their bill. The service is simply turned off and a fee must be paid to reinstate the service. The service is marketed to people with lower income and spotty credit, in other words higher risk clientele. Cricket, Boost and Metro PCS shops are almost always located in seedy and or low income areas. This is the clientele these carriers cater to.

I'm sure Cricket is much better than it was five years ago, but it's most definitely not same product as AT&T.

Let's look at another example: Remington shotguns. An 870 Express is not the same as 870 Wingmaster. Both are made by the same company and use some of the same parts, but the Wingmaster is superior(better fit and finish, smoother action, made of finer materials). Another example: The Fram OCOD vs. a Fram Ultra. Both made by the same company and use some of the same parts, but the Ultra is far superior, but someone like you would say the Ultra just a way for Fram to suck more money out of peoples' pockets.

Please tell me I'm wrong again.

Last edited:
Furerthmore, Cricket ONLY works on AT&T towers, so if you're in not in range of one, you get no service except 911. It won't roam to another carrier's tower. That would be a major deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Corrected
No sense debating with someone who never used the service. Ummmm .. .Im sure people reading the posts have enough information.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maximus
Again, you've failed to tell me why I'm wrong. All you can do is babble on with you propaganda.

You've said nothing to refute my statements and that's because you can't.

My relatives that have Cricket have it because it's cheap and they probably don't have sufficient credit to get Verizon or AT&T(although they have prepaid plans). Not my business. They've complained about the service several times and I've been told, "I wish we could get Verizon or AT&T). With Cricket, there's a reason there's no contract and you have to pay for you phone up front. The....

Interesting, you dont have ATT or Verizon, how come your relatives dont want the TMOBILE that you have??? After all, no credit check required with T Mobile!

Another dumb sounding statement is your whole credit check garbage.
Lets spin it around, translated =

If you cant afford to buy your own cell phone, you will need a loan or lease from the cell phone provider, as anything in life, if you need to rent or take out a loan for something that you cant afford, you will need good credit for the company to lend you the money.

Then of course there is that percentage of people in the world that do not need a credit check for anything as they buy what they use.
Once again, you and the majority fall prey to being preyed on by big companies, there would be massive layoffs of monumental proportions from major corporations if people were smart enough to manage their own money and not be held hostage to marketing of things they cant afford.

Example, APPLE would possibly go out of business OR have to reduce their MASSIVE mark up on phones if people refused to borrow money to use one.

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining credit checks in more depth. I'm not sure what you're trying to say but it doesn't sounds like you're disputing me.

Banks would go out of business if everyone paid cash for everything. They make money from lending. It's a huge part of the economy. Look it up.

T-Mobile does require a credit check for a post paid plan and installment plans for devices. I paid cash for my current device in full up front. Also, there's no interest on installment plans if you do go that route. My relatives in question use Cricket because its cheap and works well enough for them.

Sounds like you're just mad because someone disagreed with you about your beloved Cricket service. You can't refute the facts I've stated, so you resort to pounding your fist and posting gibberish.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Once again, you and the majority fall prey to being preyed on by big companies,

Like people who have home security systems and pay for home monitoring?

Thank you for explaining credit checks in more depth. I'm not sure what you're trying to say but it doesn't sounds like you're disputing me.

Banks would go out of business if everyone paid cash for everything. They make money from lending. It's a huge part of the economy. Look it up.

T-Mobile does require a credit check for a post paid plan and installment plans for devices. I paid cash for my current device in full up front. Also, there's no interest on installment plans if you do go that route. My relatives in question use Cricket because its cheap and works well enough for them.

Sounds like you're just mad because someone disagreed with you about your beloved Cricket service. You can't refute the facts I've stated, so you resort to pounding your fist and posting gibberish.

Your wrong of course, getting desperate too in your comments, going off subject and grabbing at straws.

T Mobile does NOT require credit checks and suggest to your so called relatives that if their service is so bad with Cricket (as you say) that they switch to your fantastic T Mobile.

Cricket does not lend money to buy phones and does not require credit check for anything.
The only time T Mobile requires credit is if you want to borrow money for a phone, if like Cricket cutomers you can afford to buy your own phone then is no credit check with T Mobile.

Cricket service is ATT service, T Mobile is T Mobile.
... and anyone who carefully reads through this insane amount of posts can see who is posting "gibberish" and who is not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
OK, gotcha, will take your advise about life and how to type for sure, maybe you need to chill if it bothers you. Just amazing... Any intelligent person can see the use of bold was to differentiate the answer to the question.

You bolded the entire post unlike your previous post where only certain parts of it were bolded. Looks like you had a momentary loss of intelligence when bolding.

I'm thinking about switching to Verizon since I use my personal phone for work every day. I'm in a good position too, with the new iPhone coming out. Still kind of worried about Verizon coverage, but with WiFi almost everywhere it's almost not even a concern.

Ya don't say.

I guess according to you a Saturn is a Cadillac.

Maybe you need to read the OP...
Doesn't sound much like he was looking for a Cadillac and a Sonata woould work just fine for him if that is the way you see things regarding ATT and Cricket.

Last edited:
^^^^WRONG^^^^

GM owns Cadillac and Saturn(yes, now defunct), so they're the exactly the same cars and anyone who buys a Caddy has fallen prey to GM's predatory marketing.

There are rural areas here in Northern Lower Michigan where my Hunting buddy's Verizon phone gets a signal strength that allows him to call home near Detroit and my ATT signal strength won't allow me the same call.

Most definitely Verizon signals in more areas than ATT, here in Lower Michigan anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back