Wine - Your Current Purple Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
Anything that's $3.99 or less

I expect to pay more for wine than for mouthwash.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
Anything that's $3.99 or less

grin2.gif

Actually, the fact that mouthwash is more expensive than a good $3.99 bottle of wine is what makes some of these wines so good. I can tell you that there are $4-5 dollar wines that I've bought that were every bit as good as some $10-$12 dollar bottles in the same variety...That is, if you're not looking for "notes of black cherry and pencil lead" on your palate as the differences between the two were slight. I go with the old canard that wines are to be drunk and not to wax poetic over.

grin2.gif

But if faced with having to choose one or the other, I'd much rather rinse with wine than drink mouthwash.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
grin2.gif

But if faced with having to choose one or the other, I'd much rather rinse with wine than drink mouthwash.
smile.gif

Whether you do one or the other, or both, you may want to join AA!
laugh.gif

Current "purple" juice? All of mine is red or burgundy. As far as favorites, you can pick any one of the 463 bottles in my wine cellar.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Current "purple" juice? All of mine is red or burgundy. As far as favorites, you can pick any one of the 463 bottles in my wine cellar.

thumbsup2.gif

you can pick any one of the 463 bottles in my wine cellar.

What do you use to track bottle count?

We "made" some at a local place that been in business for almost 20 years now. We did a batch of Baco noir, which everyone seems to like. It's got some body to it, but that's good with a lot of our cooking, that has got lots of flavor.
I'm going to do another batch anyways.

Thanks, but I'll kindly pass. I'm sure I'd give you plenty occasion to be reprimanded or belittled and I am not a glutton for punishment.
laugh.gif

My wine selection lately is dictated by what I receive as gifts. Living in a "wine region" has perks. The latest is Clayhouse Malbec but I haven't tried it yet. The client comes in to pay a $12,000 repair bill and drops off 2 cases of wine.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Messina Hof Beau sweet red here.

Ah, a muscat, also good with meat dishes.

Current? It varies...lots of mostly reds. I did try a CS from Markham recently and it was fabulous. Then again, it was $30/bottle. So it oughta be. It definitely hit all the bases however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back