Good one-piece lug nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Fusion has 2-piece lugs, like most vehicles. They were replaced when the vehicle was only a year old... some recall, I forget why exactly. Anyway, 6 years later, half of them are swollen and the 19mm socket gets stuck. None of them have any rust, so they look good, but are a pain taking on and off. I want to get some good replacements but have no idea which ones to get. I've heard that those Gorilla branded ones are pretty nice. I can get them at O'Reilly locally if that's the case. What other brands are decent?

FWIW, I don't want/need locking nuts. The car has steelies with factory wheel covers, so nothing worth stealing.

Gorillas are good. McGard is great. Used to be anyway. I have no experience with them recently. Their top of the line stuff used to be machined out of hex stock, then heat treated.

O'Reilly's sells some nice ones, but I'm a little shocked at how expensive they are....

I'm too old..... I remember when lug buts were $0.19 each

It's tough paying $2-$3 per lug nut

I just got some DP Auto Accessory ones for my Liberty, $23 for a set of 20, they look good, first winter will tell!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have McGard and have been pleased.

I just looked up the McGard set for my truck. Almost $200
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have McGard and have been pleased.

I just looked up the McGard set for my truck. Almost $200
cry.gif

The install set for my Mustang was less than $40 on Amazon Prime.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Gorilla nuts are apparently quite good.

Must...resist....

Klutch9
I think I've got a good answer for you. I currently drive a 2011 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 4x4 which I ordered new. I've had my tires rotated every 5000-7500 miles. I was having my tires rotated @ a Ford Dealership when it had 100k miles and was informed I had swollen lug nuts. I paid to replace them with the original lug nuts for about $120. Well barely 2 yrs and 60k miles later I get the same information from my local Discount Tire, Swollen lug nuts. I asked if there was a fix. This problem is getting tiresome. Long story short they install these Bimecc wheel locking bolts all the way around for $60. I keep the key in the glove box which takes a 21mm socket. Hopefully problem solved. I hope this helps!

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Gorilla nuts are apparently quite good.

Must...resist....

Too easy, let it go.

Lug nuts from Costco, I believe they are White brand or something similar. Solid (no caps) and they were only about $0.50 a piece. Have lasted a long time and still look good - no rust or discoloration. They are in bins in the tire center.

Originally Posted by ABursell
Lug nuts from Costco, I believe they are White brand or something similar. Solid (no caps) and they were only about $0.50 a piece. Have lasted a long time and still look good - no rust or discoloration. They are in bins in the tire center.

Several years ago, I got lug nuts from Costco for the winter steel wheels on my Toyota (different style nuts used for the alloy wheels). From the markings, it appeared that these were actually Gorilla. They have worked very well since I bought them when I got my van new, and are one piece. I don't know if they only use Gorilla, but they seem to have good lug nuts there. And I seem to think they were around 50 cents a piece, versus over $2 anywhere else.

Originally Posted by weebl
Originally Posted by ABursell

Several years ago, I got lug nuts from Costco for the winter steel wheels on my Toyota (different style nuts used for the alloy wheels). From the markings, it appeared that these were actually Gorilla. They have worked very well since I bought them when I got my van new, and are one piece. I don't know if they only use Gorilla, but they seem to have good lug nuts there. And I seem to think they were around 50 cents a piece, versus over $2 anywhere else.

I recently purchased "40" lugnuts for my son's Malibu (summer/winter, likely overkill) for $24 dollars Canadian OTD at Costco. I was told by another member here in another post so I checked them out and they seemed good so I bought them. They came in 2 seperate boxes.

McGuards were $45 dollars for 20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back