Wiper blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a new set of steel frame wipers for my Liberty. I've tried the frameless ones before and found them to work ok, but I just can't get past the looks, they just look aftermarket to me (on something that didn't have them new)

What's the best thing in steel framed wipers? I've used RainX before and thought the performance was great, but they started rusting within a year. Now I have a set of Michelins on it that are 5-6 months old and a brick would wipe cleaner and make less noise.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you want the metal ones, get Bosch conventional ones, don't waste extra money on the Bosch Excel, it's literally the exact same thing. Personally I use the Bosch direct-fit beam blades, as I actually prefer the look of those, but to each his own I guess. No matter what, change them at the beginning of the rainy season every year. Have also installed Bosch PureVision and Bosch Icon and Trico Force on many vehicles with good results. Some people really seem to love RainX Latitude blades but many people have told me they don't even make it through the year, so I would not use them personally.

Last edited:
Bosch for availability. Or if you can find who makes OEM wipers for your car then go with them. For Toyota cars, the OEM wipers are made by a brand called Sightline.

And ditto on not liking the frameless blades. Seems all of the ones I've used chattered at highway speeds because they are more flexible.

Got the Bosch ones, shall see how they do! I've had good luck with them on others, so if I get more than a year of solid performance I'll be happy.

I tried the frameless ones awhile back because people said they wouldn't ice up...nope they still did. Quite the same as the old style.

I buy the cheapest ones from Parts Authority for about $2.50-$3.00 each. They actually last decently but there so cheap you can change them every few months and it'll still be far cheaper.

The lifespan of a wiper blade is only about a year, less if it's out in the UV 24/7, if you want it to clear the windshield well. RockAuto has the lowest prices on these, and I have a stash of several for each vehicle in my fleet---I buy them as a "box-filler" when I'm buying something else from whatever warehouse they're coming from.

Trico makes good quality wipers
smile.gif

I found that wipers will last much longer if you clean windshields and wipe of the wipers daily. Of course there are labor and costs to that effort, but other benefits as well, like safety, and less scratches on the windshield.

Wash windows frequently and clean the wiper blades with rubbing alcohol about once a week and they will last a lot longer. Trico used to provide a rubbing alcohol pad with each new wiper. Don't know if they still do. Trico blades are very high quality.

Great post Hangfire. Cleaning the windshield like you said is a big key. Wiping the wipers is also key like you said as well. I got some weather beaters from Rain X that seem to be don't rather well. My lady has Trico on her Camry that have been doing pretty good too.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Bosch icons are awesome! Better than Silblades.

Good hunting!

Bosche Icons works real good for me. Been using them on both my work truck and sedan for years with great results.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Where do you find refills Slick17601? They're nowhere to be found. i'm so into refills.

Amazon still has the Trico 47-600 and 47-800 which fit both of my Toyotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back