200k miles so far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well hit the 200k mile mark earlier this am. So far, so good. Car runs very well with no noticable burning of oil. So maybe now I could run high mileage oil because this may well qualify.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero

Well hit the 200k mile mark earlier this am. So far, so good. Car runs very well with no noticable burning of oil. So maybe now I could run high mileage oil because this may well qualify.

Why should you change a thing you've been doing? If it isn't broken don't fix it.

Yes sir. Original head gaskets. No problems noted at all with them. No leaks anywhere at all.

JohnnyJohnson I was just kidding around there. No being serious at all
smile.gif

I'm sorry bbhero but you're not allowed to switch to high mileage oil until you start burning up oil. My 33-year-old Civic has never seen high mileage oil so if my car can't have high mileage oil than yours can't, either. If you attempt to subvert this rule I'll come all the way to Virginia and change it back. You're not allowed to mess with success. You've been a BITOG member far too long to fall into the grip of the "dark side".

Ha ha ha Oneyejack !! I did laugh at your post here. Nah, I am not changing my routine. The car has done great on regular conventional oils, group 3 synthetics, original Pennzoil Ultra which had a fair amount of group 4??? and some blends. No need to change what's worked very well so far.

HM should be used at 75,000, certainly at 100,000 and is mandatory at 200,000; or the oil gods will get angry. Who are you to fool with product marketing ... Please adhere ASAP
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I'm sorry bbhero but you're not allowed to switch to high mileage oil until you start burning up oil. My 33-year-old Civic has never seen high mileage oil so if my car can't have high mileage oil than yours can't, either. If you attempt to subvert this rule I'll come all the way to Virginia and change it back. You're not allowed to mess with success. You've been a BITOG member far too long to fall into the grip of the "dark side".
Redline oil is a high mile oil!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
HM should be used at 75,000, certainly at 100,000 and is mandatory at 200,000; or the oil gods will get angry. Who are you to fool with product marketing ... Please adhere ASAP
laugh.gif

Oh [censored]! I'd better go run out and get some high mileage oil for my 4Runner! It's currently sitting in the driveway with 331,111 miles. Hopefully it's not ruined from all these years of running non HM conventional oil!

Have you had any coolant leakage at the lower radiator hose to t-stat connection? I recently had to replace that hose assembly (two hoses, plastic section and new clamps) along with the t-stat at 40k. The new clamps appear to be of a more robust design.

No sir I have not. It has been very good with no issues. I changed the coolant at 105k miles with Prestone universal, changed spark plugs as well using OEM Denso plugs at 105k miles as well.

My Mazda (see below) never requested or received High-Mileage oil, and never wore out any oily engine part. It got mostly conventional 10W-40, with occasional bouts of 10W-30 for added excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back