5w40 Dexos2/C3 Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
Would the valvoline 5w-40' work in a 2014 gm 2.0t ? Gas

It should since it is Mid-SAPS. However, I would go with Castrol 0W40 if you want Euro spec. oil. Castrol 0W40 is not suitable for diesels. 5qt jug of Castrol 0W40 in Wal mart is $26. Also, I think that 2.0t engine in Europe is specd. for W30 and W40 ACEA A3/B3 B4 anyway.

Last edited:
GM Dexos 2 over here, both petrol and diesel. A3/B4 is long gone in Opel. Wonder when will they switch to PSA specifications..

Since I'm doing a 5k oci I thought their might be a small advantage going with a mid saps oil. Really I'm holding off waiting for gf-6. PP Ultra & gf-6 is looking vely intelesting

Originally Posted By: chrisri
GM Dexos 2 over here, both petrol and diesel. A3/B4 is long gone in Opel. Wonder when will they switch to PSA specifications..

I was referring more to HTHS above 3.5cp. Most Euro gassers moved to Mid-SAPS or Low-SAPS, but in the U.S. high-SAPS is still highly preferred.

Originally Posted By: Bookmaker
I decided to go with the Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w40. I got a good deal on four jugs through Amazon.

It has an impressive list of OEM approvals.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/motul....pdf?1492017640

Was it this one? I hope you do end up actually getting the four jugs at that price. But lots of people reported problems with the Amazon Motul deals. Good luck
smile.gif

If it ends up not going thru, consider Amalie

1293.05-and-1293.01_MST-5W-40.png

Use it in my Dad's Turbo Diesel Mitsubishi Triton. Use the 5W30 variant in my mums Mitsubishi Outlander. Both cars have run it since their first oil changee, changing it every 10k kilometres. No leaks, no rattles (well it it a diesel,) no consumption or oil smoke. Since it's A3/B4 and C3, HTHS is >3.5 so it's all good.

Regards
Jordan

Also:
EPLUS5W40005.png

But I think you'll find that is Australia only (and more expensive.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
unlikely redline is a licensed dexos2 oil; important for warranty purposes

It is "suitable replacemnt" and "recommneded for"

Exactly ^^ Redline not licensed or certified in anything and I mean, anything. Only claim to meet, so why even bother, your engine is not going to last any longer then if you used Supertech instead. :eek:) Oops, your not in the USA, Supertech is a Walmart brand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back