Amsoil SS 0w20, Honda Civic 1.5T 2017, 5,130mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: parshisa
Alright, folks, got some good stuff for y'all. Along with the sample oil from civic I had OA to test a sample from my 2016 Pilot. For some reason they didn't test the pilot for Fuel Dilution and put estimate only which was less than 1%. I emailed them asking why they haven't had it tested and week later they called me back. So I was talking to the guy and he said that they don't test for fuel dilution unless vis drops below the grade. So, on pilot i run 0w20 M1 and vis was 7.2 and I told the guy that there's no way oil just sheared in 3k that badly. He said alright, we're going to re-test both sample for fuel dilution (they keep oil for 30days). And here we go:

So question is: WHAT THE [censored]?????

So, what was initially a big problem is now no problem at all? And what wasn't a problem at all is now a pretty big one? Makes you wonder about that value of UOAs at all: there's a limit to the precision we should expect from a $30 test, but this calls into question the whole process. How can a machine-based test show this level of variability?

And the test with the greatest loss of viscosity has virtually no fuel dilution. You weren't buying th conclusions in the initial UOAs; I'm not sure I buy these. Maybe the best strategy is to forget about UOAs, behave like ordinary people and just be happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back