new t-mobile deal for old folks-2 LINES $60 PER MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
JustinH said:
One other catch, is the phones offered by TMobile are not cheap, $75 for a flip phone, never mind a smart phone and it goes up from there. They seem to want to get you into a repayment plan that almost reminds me of the full contract plans, minus the contract because the phones are so expensive, so they kind of got their hooks in you that you have no contract but if you cancel and did not provide your own phone or get a cheap phone, you will have to pay off the phone at the time you cancel.
Cricket you buy the phone or the sim card and you are truly free and can cancel at anytime (after 2 months, verify it hasnt changed)

Anyway, choices are good, internet is their friend, just have to research what works for them and most important ask what/find out what the actual payment is.

So much misleading "information" in the above post. I've been with T Mobile for 12 years and have never had to buy a phone from them. I simply buy GSM compatible phones from Amazon or where ever I can get a good price. I stick my T-Mobile sim card in and I'm good to go. There is no requirement to register the sim card to the phone as there is on some service providers.

BTW, I switched to the 55+ plan and saved $40. Taxes and all the various annoying fees are included in the $60 for 2 line charge if you are on auto pay. I can't imaging why someone would not want to use the auto pay option unless they are always maxed out on their credit card.

Last edited:
The most important thing before jumping providers is ensuring you have decent service where you use the most.

My locale ATT , t mobil and sprint are dreadful just expensive Verizon does well. At least I have gotten a 22% work discount on the first phone and access/data plan since 2005. I pay gulp $100/month for two smartphones and 12 GB of data. My daughter wants to be added so that price increases $20.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
The most important thing before jumping providers is ensuring you have decent service where you use the most.

My locale ATT , t mobil and sprint are dreadful just expensive Verizon does well. At least I have gotten a 22% work discount on the first phone and access/data plan since 2005. I pay gulp $100/month for two smartphones and 12 GB of data. My daughter wants to be added so that price increases $20.

Yes, making sure you have coverage is most important!
Yes again, you pay for Verizon and to give credit, Verizon contract phones are the standard by which others are measured, so far but the gap is closing.

ATT has caught up to Verizon in our state, still a pocket missing coverage here and there but it could be either/or that is lacking the coverage but will still give the tip of the scale to Verizon in the most rural uninhabited places of the state.. in some cases ATT will be present and not Verizon. I know this as I travel the state up to 1000 miles a week and I carry two phones, work place provided Verizon and my personal ATT Cricket.

One thing to note, with a no contract plan, your not stuck if the service is not as good as you hoped meaning your contract is only 30 days at a time and not stuck for 2 years as with a contract.
I do think with some no contracts you commit to the first 60 days of service, then after that its 30. (Cricket)
At the same time, you can cancel within the first week or so and get a refund. (verify as terms change)

Im sure others are the same, I only mention Cricket because its the only plan we use. 3 lines, unlimited everything, never a surcharge or overage, actual payment is $90.00 a month, we could add a 4th line for $10 more and then the 5th line is free if you want it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
BTW: I have Cricket, and am happy, but realize that this T-Mobile deal may be better for others. FWIW.

Yes, I agree, its nice to have the choices. In fact when I saw your post, I looked into it, right now have 3 phones tmoble plan limited to 2. Im loyal to whoever gives me the best price and service.

TMobile is $10 less if you have the coverage in your area and can get around the price of the phones on their site or buy 3rd party like someone posted above in reaction to my post.

I always purchased phones through the plan I subscribe too, in case I didnt like the phone I could return it ect, ect. Plus the Cricket phones are reasonable.
Anyway, great post, Ill drop phone service at the flip of a coin if I can get better and less expensive, simply because that is a choice we have with NO CONTRACTS! :eek:)

Last edited:
UPDATE =

I have constantly stated no activation fee when choosing ATT/Cricket and phone at their website.
That policy has changed and they now charge a $25 fee.

I still think their pricing is unmatched in the industry and I suspected over time they will "squeeze" more money out of you.
We have had ATT Cricket a number of years now and I have been waiting and waiting for some fee to creep in there, it finally has, still a great deal, but if it ever ends, Ill be the first to switch, after all, nothing lasts forever. :eek:)
Yet, if anyone can tell me where you can get 5 lines of unlimited everything for an actual payment of $100 a month, or 3 lines, actual payment of $70, and of course, NEVER EVER a charge for any kind of reason, please do so, until then ... :eek:)

I always give my money to the best value for my hard earned money, every year, I review my auto ins, bike ins, home ins.
I have had no less then 3 possibly 4 car ins companies over the last 10 years, at least 4 different home ins companies over the last 10 years and just two companies for my bike but that was only bought in 2014!!! ya da ya da...

////lowest bidder for the same coverage gets my money ////

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back