High-flow cabin air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I run the AC in recirculate 99% of the time. The filter is out of the air flow then.

No, it's not.

HTH
On both of my Hyundais and the Ford Tauruses I had you could take the cowl off and see the top of the filter sitting there open to the atmosphere. Please tell me how it recirculates the inside air when it pulls air through the filter exposed to the outside air?

An easy way to tell is turn it on max AC with the fan on full blast. Switching between reticulated and fresh air will slow the air flow down when going through the filter.

I'm pretty sure recirculate is still filtered.

I still don't have the filter in. It's a night and day difference with it in vs. out, blows way harder with it out and almost all I use is recirculate.

I run the AC in recirculate 99% of the time. The filter is out of the air flow then.

No, it's not.

HTH
On both of my Hyundais and the Ford Tauruses I had you could take the cowl off and see the top of the filter sitting there open to the atmosphere. Please tell me how it recirculates the inside air when it pulls air through the filter exposed to the outside air?

An easy way to tell is turn it on max AC with the fan on full blast. Switching between reticulated and fresh air will slow the air flow down when going through the filter.

Depends upon filter position. On cars like your filter is on the very intake of the HVAC and on those recirculating doesn't go through filter at all. Others have CAF farther away in the system- in the foot well. On these recirculating is filtered.

Originally Posted By: chrisri

No, it's not.

HTH

Depends upon filter position. On cars like your filter is on the very intake of the HVAC and on those recirculating doesn't go through filter at all. Others have CAF farther away in the system- in the foot well. On these recirculating is filtered.
I've had four cars (2 Hyundais and 2 Fords) with a CAF and all had the filter above the glove box.

Got a cabin air filter the other week at the dealership. Was overpriced but it works great, almost no restriction. Plenty of airflow.

Originally Posted By: Kira
How much was it?
I think it was around $16, so a bit pricy. Oh well, works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back