Warranty on KYB strut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a set of KYB GR2 strut/shocks all around for the infiniti in 2015.

Looks like i have some minor seepage on my driver's front. I was ready to buy another one for $85 on rockauto but then i saw it came with lifetime warranty.

Has anyone done the warranty process with rockauto? Will they deny everything or just simply take everything reasonable in for warranty? Also is it free the whole process or am i out shipping to and from rockauto. I figure a strut might be pricey.

strut-2.jpg

Its about half of level 5. (stupid numbering on this site)

The main reason why i'm considering replacement is a hear it over larger bump/potholes and i had a tire with inside cupping on that driver's front. I just got new tires on and i dont want it happening again, right now after 600 miles i dont see funny tire wear.

Last edited:
I've done warranty work with Rockauto. It's pretty straightforward, you can either buy the new part and ship the old part back and they will reimburse you for the first shipment including shipping, however they won't pay for shipping for the part back so your real cost is the cost of mailing back the old struts. Or you could mail back the old struts and they'll just mail you the new ones.

I have warrantied shocks through Rockauto and they will not in any fashion pay for the shipping to them, nor should they.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
I have warrantied shocks through Rockauto and they will not in any fashion pay for the shipping to them, nor should they.

Only time I ever got free shipping was when the struts were defective. They were Monroe's. Evidently they had a batch where the springs sat a little too low. I called up the manufacturer and the manufacturer covered the return shipping, but they just wanted to see the receipt from rockauto.

yes, I have used the Rockauto warranty process before and it was pretty straightforward as well.

Levels 1 and 2 are considered abnormal conditions and warrant warranty replacement. All others are considered normal. My guess is that if you tried to warranty yours, upon warranty inspection, you may get a chargeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back