Gripe over Gun Store Practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

What about the well regulated militia part?
That was not included to be ignored as fluff.

Assuming you are an adult and not a 3rd grader, every history teacher that you have ever has has failed you. Seek a refund for any paid tuitions.

I earned free tuition to a top notch university as a straight A salutatorian...therefore, my education's ROI is infinite.
How about you?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: billt460
What most people do not understand is the term, "Well Regulated", has nothing to do with regulation at all. The term actually refers to, WELL TRAINED.

Ah, so we need to be trained to be able to buy firearms...not a bad idea.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

My basic point was that the preamble of the amendment is almost universally ignored and the founders did not include it just to waste ink...what they meant is endlessly debatable.

Not anymore. The majority opinion of the US Supreme Court is the final authority. Whether we agree or not, it is settled law and we live with it. I believe the Supreme Court has correctly interpreted the preamble, but your mileage may differ.
cheers3.gif

Tom NJ

Incidentally, the Federalist Papers were on the reading list for a university class back in the day, and I do recall reading the original intent for private ownership being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back