Toyota wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand
Was the damage disclosed on the auction? maybe ask for a partial refund.

the seller was cool with a 50% adjustment but now I have to refinish the 2 wheels that were lip bent...how do I match this 2016 Tacoma steel wheel paint color??

I ordered the (4) bilstein 5100 shocks...don't really need lift but might go 1 ring up in the front.

Stock wheel diameter is 30.5" running 1.25" spacers and a 1" front lift from the Bilstein shock so should a 31.5" same width tire fit? then can the alighnment shop dial this all in?

Stock tire 265/65/17
desired 265/75/16

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
Stock wheel diameter is 30.5" running 1.25" spacers and a 1" front lift from the Bilstein shock so should a 31.5" same width tire fit? then can the alighnment shop dial this all in?

Stock tire 265/65/17
desired 265/75/16

A common upgrade on 3rd and 4th gen 4Runner's, is going from the stock 31" tires to 32" tires. Most do so with a stock suspension. Depending on the offset of the wheels, spacers could actually make the possibility of contact in the wheelwell more likely, when the steering is turned sharply and the suspension is flexing.

I'm running 32" tires (came stock with 31's) on my stock suspension 3rd gen 4Runner, and have done so since it was a week old.

I like the spacers so probably best to have the shocks installed at +1" then measure the stock 17" tire clearance before ordering new 16" tires for the Tacoma rims...Tire shop is doing all this so he can help advise through all the variables...The new 16" rim offset is 5mm less than stock just to really get my head spinning hoping to get it all right.

not much tire size gain available without going over the top monster truck according to another T4R forum, so will set the Bilstein at oem lift and stock sized tires..hope the shocks are worth the cash in this mode.

Mine are set at 0, but have the taller springs for lift. I am perfectly happy with the ride, especially over stock. It will be a stiffer ride, but you should feel more in control and have less of a wallowing boat ride feel. Being stiffer, cornering is better, too.

Bilstein's installed..I did go up one ring for a 3/4" front lift and the 1.25" spacers so that's it for the suspension mods...on to the tires.

the lip dents pounded out easy but of course the 2017 Toyota steelie take offs finish was trashed on the two rims so Plasti Diped with the new Luxury Metal line they now offer..glossed them also..Denso TPMS here and Falkin Wild Peak A/TW3 are at the installers garage..maybe next w/e..wheels/tires/sensors wound up to be $900.00 total so not too bad.

11.gif
How do you like the ride, now?

had the suspension parts all gone through right after purchase couple months ago so the Bilstein install and final alighnment was icing on the cake..I have a nice 4Runner now with a mild edge.

Just stumbled across this thread. I absolutely love the Bilstein 5100's on mine. I bought mine with 136k and worn out shocks. Replaced just the shocks and kept the stock springs. I'm at the 3rd setting (1.75") and am running 265/70-17 Goodyear Duratracs. Love the setup and the truck is nice and level.

Tacoma rims, paint, Denso TPMS, Falkin Wild Peak tires, mounted came to $925

PlastiDip held up well for the 7 months of winter here, next week I'll change them out for the OE rims w/Duelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back