Package stealing/opening in a building. Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking get a couple of those dye packs that banks use to mark stolen money...

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
DBM, U Need to read "High Trust homogeneous society" inside your quotes ...it means same minded people that trust other people because that's how/where they grew up. If you pluck just one of the words from the statement you can make many other imaginative things out of it.

I agree with the L_Sludger statement. The place I grew up you didn't have to lock your doors and there was a moral compass that led most regular folks to be hard working and honest. Today the name of the game is steal cheat and rob your way to success ...usually on the precept that someone back in the past stole it from you anyways. ...They teach this in school and the media forms now.

Places where people don't lock their doors usually have a low population density with few outsiders passing through.

My dad grew up in an urban area in the good old days of the Depression and told me lots of good stories about how nice people were to each other then. My favorite was a buddy of his trying to borrow dad's pistol for an armed robbery, he got one somewhere else and ended up shooting the clerk. Guy had an accomplice and one of them got caught while the other hit the rails as a hobo and was never seen again.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
Get a spy cam and put it in the lobby flower pot. then ship yourself some juicy rock filled boxes get some popcorn and watch for the [censored] to strike :)

Box should contain something foul (say...poting soil that is 30% cow manure) for best results.
laugh.gif

Update:
Well my 4 tires are 3.

And I'm not the only one in the building with missing stuff...
Or just opened/messed with....
It involves all 3 carriers: USPS, Fedex, UPS

Since this is a group of 3 apartment buildings, and only my building has the problem, pretty sure only a non-neighborly neighbor is the problem.

Tires where shipped USPS: does USPS inspectors involve in $70 steals?

Amazon made me whole in 20 minutes.
Supposed to receive the 4th tire at my work Tuesday (expedited shipping at no cost).

One time, I was expecting a check that seemed overdue. I filed a postal inspector report and had the sender stop payment.

I thought the mail must have gotten lost until the cops raided the duplex unit next door. One of the occupants was wanted for robbery. I passed this information on to the inspector, and not long after, he showed up with photos of the neighbor trying to cash my check at a bank 20 miles away. I'm not sure if they ever got him, but they did get his accomplice at the bank. I rented a P.O. box after that.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Originally Posted By: pandus13

From one with 27 years of first hand knowledge, uh no.

How about repeating missing shipments/packages or just opening of packages?

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Originally Posted By: pandus13

From one with 27 years of first hand knowledge, uh no.

...So pretty much the solution is the suggest in the thread:
-use better cameras, and make sure they record?

Thank you

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Gotta love your fellow man.

[off-topic]
Andrewg,
hey, we didn't hear from you all summer....
so I guess the Coupe is keeping you happy
How's your back?
Everything OK?
[/off-topic]

I seen on the news a couple weeks ago the police were putting GPS units in boxes hoping to catch package thieves. OP sounds like you have enough packages stolen in your building you should all get together and chip in and get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back