Auto7 oil filter for Kia and Hyundai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
Yes sir. That's it! Did you run it?

Not yet. Changing oil in the Elantra this weekend so I'm going to use one. I've only used OEM so far but I didn't make it to the dealer today like I planned. These seem to be well made so I'll go ahead and try one.

If you guys are looking for Hyundai/Kia filters you can get a 6 pack with crush washers on ebay for a song.

I know everybody says there are fake ones out there, but I buy from reputable dealers and haven't had a problem.

I probably wouldn't mess with these off brand filters, the only off brand one I use is supertech.

If you change your oil twice a year, and you save 3 bucks on a filter, you save yourself six bucks a year?

I just put one in the Santa Fe. Cut open another one for science. Lol. I'll cut the one installed at 5K and we shall see how it did. Miles Synthetic blend 5W-30 went in with it.

A note about the ADBV. It did not feel like a cheap plastic/rubber but more like a thick rubber. Not super shiny like a nitrile ADBV. I'm pretty sure it's silicone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Yes sir. That's it! Did you run it?

Not yet. Changing oil in the Elantra this weekend so I'm going to use one. I've only used OEM so far but I didn't make it to the dealer today like I planned. These seem to be well made so I'll go ahead and try one.

Did you use it this weekend?

It definitely isn't an Auto 7 one. Every Auto 7 part I've ordered from ebay or Rock Auto came in Hyundai packaging.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
It definitely isn't an Auto 7 one. Every Auto 7 part I've ordered from ebay or Rock Auto came in Hyundai packaging.

I have ordered Auto7 parts that came in the original supplier's packaging - no Hyundai/Kia logos, all Korean writing on the box, etc. Other parts in the same box would be in Hyundai or Kia boxes. Usually it turns out to be the same supplier that Hyundai and Kia use... but in the case of this oil filter, it is clearly a different supplier.

A bit misleading on this one... the Daewha filter looks to be high quality, but it is definitely not the same part and therefore there is no proof it is the same quality. Had Auto7 shipped something that said MANN+HUMMEL Korea on the box, then it would be OK because they are the OE supplier and their filter would likely be the exact same quality as the ones you can buy from the dealer.

I have never ordered off RockAuto a Auto 7 part for my Hyundais that the picture showed the OEM part and gotten something different. If the picture is different than the actual product received it sure sounds like rock Auto is doing something, not Auto 7.

UPDATE:

Hi everyone. I changed the oil in wifes Santa Fe today. Auto 7 filter cut open looked great. No issue at all with one exception. Anti-drain back valve is not silicone. It was pretty stiff. I could bend it but no where near as easy as the new one. The filter media looked fine. I would say in conclusion that these are okay for a 5K interval. I ran it 5,300 miles. I put another one on as I have 4 more. I aplogize for no pictures. Nothing to see though, it looked fine.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Hi everyone. I changed the oil in wifes Santa Fe today. Auto 7 filter cut open looked great. No issue at all with one exception. Anti-drain back valve is not silicone. It was pretty stiff. I could bend it but no where near as easy as the new one. The filter media looked fine. I would say in conclusion that these are okay for a 5K interval. I ran it 5,300 miles. I put another one on as I have 4 more. I aplogize for no pictures. Nothing to see though, it looked fine.
Did it have the Hyundai part number on it, if so what was it?

No sir. I posted pictures at beginning of this thread. It just says DO4459. I posted pics of the box also. Nothing with Hyundai or Kia part numbers.

Last edited:
Every Auto7 Hyundai filter I've seen are blue and identical to the Hyundai ones, right down to the part number and silicon valve.
21.gif

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2411616&cc=1502568&jsn=539

I agree. Even the picture was an OEM filter. This is what i got though. For $2.50 each though, no complaints, but i thought i was getting an OEM.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Well it probably filters better than the OE.....
28.gif

Ohhhhhhhhh..........you said it........not me
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back