Mobil One Extended Performance filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: beanoil
Because the Donaldson out does the Motorcraft. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4441482/Donaldson_P502503_Virgin_Power

Donaldson is best, based on the specs and about equal construction characteristics. Motorcraft is good, Donaldson is slightly better.
Glad to see someone actually considering facts. Most just go by how pretty the box it came in is.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Purolator Boss on Amazon now for just $11 and change now for my Duramax
Purolator PBL35399 Purolator BOSS Premium Oil Filter.

Really should consider actually specs and construction facts, not opinion based on nothing. The Boss is probably OK, adequate.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
What does "greater than 20 microns" mean?

It essentially means everything that is 20 microns and larger. Ie; 20.0001 microns is greater than 20 microns.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
beanoil said:
The Boss is probably OK, adequate.

The BOSS is rated 99% at 40 microns. Not that great compared to what other synthetic filters can provide. The Purolator ONE has better efficiency than the BOSS.

Always heard the P1's were restrictive - so got off of them before the tear stuff became often ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Always heard the P1's were restrictive - so got off of them before the tear stuff became often ...

PureOnes weren't restrictive. Guess you never saw the thread where Purolator provided "flow vs delta-p" test data.

I have completed the stress test on this M1 base:

(Must have fell from dumpster last pickup day)

I've been using Mobil 1's EP filter along with the EP oil for a while, and once I hit 26k OCIs, the filter showed slight degradation in the filter media. I didn't feel comfortable pushing it past that.

I have since switched to Wix XP. The EP filter is listed as a "synthetic blend" type while the XP is listed as just "synthetic". At the same 26k OCI, there's no change in media integrity on the XP. Working on 28k OCI right now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back