Price of batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AVB
... When I started driving in the mid 90's we were paying $70-80 for 950-1100 CA Champion batteries at Discount Auto Parts.
In the mid-90s I paid $30 for a battery that lasted 7 years, about the same as in the 80s.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: AVB
... When I started driving in the mid 90's we were paying $70-80 for 950-1100 CA Champion batteries at Discount Auto Parts.
In the mid-90s I paid $30 for a battery that lasted 7 years, about the same as in the 80s.

That is much more believable that Napa selling anything bigger than a lawn mower battery for $39 in 2006. We were in the land clearing business in the 90's and put the same batteries on our vehicles as the heavy equipment, that way if we got to a job site and a piece of equipment was dead we could just swap batteries.

Originally Posted By: chartrue2
What has happened recently to cause the price of automotive batteries to increase so significantly? Can believe that which was under $100 is now closer to $200! Any info?

The cost of what the Environment nuts are doing to the cost of anything with lead in it!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
What has happened recently to cause the price of automotive batteries to increase so significantly? Can believe that which was under $100 is now closer to $200! Any info?

The cost of what the Environment nuts are doing to the cost of anything with lead in it!

Price jumped when ammo hoarders were getting all the lead. And we can still get ammo, so... ?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Price jumped when ammo hoarders were getting all the lead. And we can still get ammo, so... ?
the 2009 to 2016 era EPA had the last lead smelter in the US closed, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back