Civic @ 172,000 on Mobil Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: njohnson
Reading on other forums, a couple of people were saying they noticed using Mobil 1 that their engines were turning amber colored, instead of the nice, shiny silver of new metal. Makes me wonder what is going on. Are certain engines just easier on oil? So, they stay clean as long as quality oil is used and changed?

Certain engines are definitely harder on oil.

The old Acura is slightly varnished from being run on Syntec Blend from the dealer service before I owned it, M1 is slowly lightening it (it’ll never look like this one though)

Which forum is saying M1 is varnishing?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Reading on other forums, a couple of people were saying they noticed using Mobil 1 that their engines were turning amber colored, instead of the nice, shiny silver of new metal. Makes me wonder what is going on. Are certain engines just easier on oil? So, they stay clean as long as quality oil is used and changed?

The old Acura is slightly varnished from being run on Syntec Blend from the dealer service before I owned it, M1 is slowly lightening it (it’ll never look like this one though)

I went back and tried to find it, it has been a while. I was just browsing around and stumbled across it. I can't remember the name of the forum now. It wasn't all formulas of Mobil 1, mainly 5W-30 GF-5, the 0W-30 and 0W-20 are a different story. One poster said he noticed his engine turning amber, he switched to the TDT 5W-40, and he said it started changing the amber color back to a shiny silver.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

I suspect that's from bogus info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back