walmart .com - prices less than in store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a WM battery in Feb., the online price was $10 less than the store price, and in the store they did take off the $10, no problem (just had to show the internet price on my cellphone). This way I could see they had it in stock, and the mfg. date (it was only a month old).

Originally Posted By: opus1
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
In some instances it is cheaper on WMT.com, other times not. I was told they're two separate entities and they will do that from time to time. You can request they price match if you have the time.

Depends. I price-matched something at the Wal-Mart near me in July and the clerk mentioned that the store would not be doing that after July 17. I was in there over the weekend and there are now signs that say "as of July 17, 2017, we no longer match Walmart.com prices." Or words to that effect.

A few months ago the walmarts here stopped matching local stocking stores on price and had similar notices. Seems interesting/ creepy that they pick regions to compete in and other regions to milk dry depending on their (presumed) dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back