PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read through the article and found out it's really outdated. Copy and paste from the beginning of the article:

*API's latest service standard is "SL."*

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I just read through the article and found out it's really outdated. Copy and paste from the beginning of the article:

*API's latest service standard is "SL."*

Yeah, that too. It's dated 2017 but seems like an old article.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I liked when PM had a lot of actual car how-tos. Now, all that stuff is on their web page instead of in print, obviated the need for the magazine.

This used to be one of my favorite magazines along with NatGeo and Popular Science. I even enjoyed the smell of paper.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
OK, a 50 year old GP40. Prolly headed to the Boise scrap pile anyway, so how much damage can you do?

Wait, what? Boise has a locomotive scrap yard? Wish I had known that when I was there recently
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
This used to be one of my favorite magazines along with NatGeo and Popular Science. I even enjoyed the smell of paper.

Their how-tos, as I mentioned, were great. They'd cover some of the latest technology, and things to watch out for. Now, it's not anywhere close what it used to be. Their "reviews" are informercials for dealers. The how-to stuff is basically gone.

Of course, the net is filled with how-to information, and it's difficult to compete with that. But, like you, I find it hard to replace the actual hard copy.

Agreed. Even with all the content available online, I still enjoy getting a paper magazine in the mail.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Really, I wonder what that would be?

Now THAT is interesting! I'd like to know what these features are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back