bread machine anadama bread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bread junkie. I've convinced myself that bread has less calories than cake and donuts when deep down inside I know I'm lying to myself.

Most commercial breads have a long list of ingredients. My white/white whole wheat bread has only 4. Flour ( King Arthur), water, salt (usually 1/2 the amt in a recipe) and yeast. I like to try new stuff. Shredded carrots, saurkraut, bananas.

Ooooo bread.... I want a machine badly but my wife says no (I'm big enough already). But bread......

My wife like the bread baked in the oven better, but in the summer she uses the bread machine a lot because using the big oven just puts too much heat in the house and the bread machine makes great bread with out heating up the house and putting a load on the central air.

+1 on making your own bread. Absolute control over ingredients, plenty of ways to experiment. I started with a bread machine, but nowadays just make it from scratch in the oven.

I started making bread with my mother when I was 7 or so. Its fun and the smell of bread baking brings me back to the kitchen in the old house.
laugh.gif

PS, I just made a 2nd loaf. Exactly like the first. The recipes have been consistently coming out well. The bread maker eliminates any artisianship,. It becomes just a matter of good measurements.

Last edited:
It's all andyd's fault.
Saw the recipe, knew it would be awesome.
Bread maker from Amazon.... check.
Ingredient list.... check.
Change oil in PSD, hit P66 for diesel.... check.
Grocery store, buy bread stuff.... check.
Open bread maker, install bread stuff, program for 1lb, medium.... check.
3 hour 20 minute wait.... currently in progress.
Dangit andyd, why you do this? Smell is driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back