Pennzoil Plat Euro 0w-40, 06 Odyssey, 7.6k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highway miles are making it easy for this engine and oil combo. Definitely seems like 10k would be a walk in the park. If it is almost all highway, then I'd say 15k seems more than possible. If you also topped up oil after the filter change, then tbn will be even higher.

That Pennzoil Plat Euro 0w-40 looks so impressive. I wonder if it would work better then the Mobile 1 0w-40 I am using in my Mercedes SLK? https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4422609/Re:_2013_SLK250_Turbo,_Mobil_1#Post4422609

Granted they are different engines, but I tried the Mobil 1 0W-40 in my 2001 Subaru Forester and the results were not as good as what I got on Rotella T6. So far this PP Euro 0W-40 looks great; my mileage is down slightly on the highway so I may try going 50-50 with the PP Euro 5W-30 to thin it out a little after I dump this load. Based on current use and my lack of indoor maintenance facility the change will probably be late October/early November and around 16k on this OCI.

With the boost to TBN and AW adds from the Biotech, I don't think one 16k OCI will have any negative effects... I want to see the data from the long mileage instead of finding out I dumped it too early.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Granted they are different engines, but I tried the Mobil 1 0W-40 in my 2001 Subaru Forester and the results were not as good as what I got on Rotella T6. So far this PP Euro 0W-40 looks great; my mileage is down slightly on the highway so I may try going 50-50 with the PP Euro 5W-30 to thin it out a little after I dump this load. Based on current use and my lack of indoor maintenance facility the change will probably be late October/early November and around 16k on this OCI.

With the boost to TBN and AW adds from the Biotech, I don't think one 16k OCI will have any negative effects... I want to see the data from the long mileage instead of finding out I dumped it too early.

My 5w20 stash is getting low. I might stock up on some 5w30 for our '05. Would there be much difference in a 5w30 regular spec vs a euro spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back