Sway bar End Link damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've had some front-end noise develop on my '07 Honda Fit Sport. Reading about the symptoms I believe it could be strut mount or the end links being the culprit.

I took some pictures of the end links with the wheels turned and noticed what appears to be a damaged boot:

http://imgur.com/a/jPzE3

Sounds like a rubbing/popping noise when turning the wheel; more so towards the left and this picture is of the passenger side front.

It is almost as if the spring is catching due to failing strut mounts?

Noisier when going from D/R and such as backing out of a parking space or driveway; low speeds or stop 'n go.

Last edited:
You answered your question, actually.
smile.gif

Rubbing/popping noise may be coming from the top hats, or even from the steering rack. For instance,there was a recall for 2006-2011 Civics, the reason was they didn't torque rack and pinion bolts properly, causing popping noise. Yours is not a Civic though, but obviously Honda's steering racks are not the most reliable one on the market.

Change the endlink first and see if there is still any noise.

That joint looks bone dry, should have grease leaking out. likely has slack in it.

Since suspension parts are under load all the time, I'd tap all the
parts with a rubber hammer and see if there differences from the left and right
version of the same part or if any other sounds occur, then that's the part to replace.

Don't use a steel hammer, the sound of the strike masks out the sounds you need to hear!

Yeah, some Moog aftermarket links include the fitting for grease and they look beefier. Plus, it's cheaper price than OE replacements.

I did hit a pretty bad pot hole in a parking lot once on that side. I believe before the noise developed.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back