Best epoxy/glue for wood, abs, plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to do a mold in my upper dash for a 8 inch tablet. The factory nav has been removed and the new housing mold trim is going to be abs plastic attached to factory console and 1-2 small strips of wood for bracing. These are the materials for the mold. To attach everything together pre fiberglass or filler what type of epoxy would you guys use, that's strong and long term.

With how the mold/trim for the tablet will be I probably won't even need to fiberglass it to be honest. Just filler where it attaches, not sure yet. So picture you made a housing for a tablet with a sun shield on it to fit on top of your center console and you want to attach it than fill in the seams. That's my plan. Filler at most would be 1/8 inch

ABS plastic is one of the more difficult plastics to bond to besides polyethylene or polyolefin. I had limited success using Devcon's plastics bonder, which is a structural urethane, an auto body supply shop can point you in the direction of 3M Scotch-Weld or Fusor's plastics adhesive.

If you're using epoxy for the the whole job, why not look into West System's epoxy thickened with their 406 colloidal silica? That way, you can use the same resin for glassing and bonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back