Kreen Add to Fuel - Outboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Nissan/Tohotsu 120 outboard and I was wondering if anyone had experience with adding Kano Labs Kreen to the fuel to decarb.

Thanks for any feed back.

Kreen is an amazing product, I have used it on my E300 diesel with almost 300k miles, to clean the engine, I added a quart and drove 500 miles, the goo that came out was unbelievable. I also had injector knock as well. All gone after one treatment, I followed it by another treatment for next OCI. I then started adding 4-5 oz to my 21 gallon tank at each fill up. Donated the car to my nephew who now has 340k miles and the motor has no issues, leaks etc. You will not regret it. Keep us informed.

+1 Kreen is very good stuff, like anything else more isn't always better especially in the oil which is 3oz per qt max, fuel is about 16oz per 20 gallons a little more or less (that doesn't mean a gallon) is not an issue.

The OPs' engine is a two stroke. Does that alter your recommendation to use Kreen? Not knowing how it would effect the lubrication of a two stroke certainly gives me pause.

Ed

Originally Posted By: Plimbob
I have a Nissan/Tohotsu 120 outboard and I was wondering if anyone had experience with adding Kano Labs Kreen to the fuel to decarb.

Thanks for any feed back.

Big kreen fan here. Used it a few two strokes, mostly lawn stuff.

One thing for certain, it has never harmed them. Made my favorite outdoor blower sing like brand new, it cleans everything...

Originally Posted By: edhackett
The OPs' engine is a two stroke. Does that alter your recommendation to use Kreen? Not knowing how it would effect the lubrication of a two stroke certainly gives me pause.

Ed

In a 2 stroke I would use half the amount in the fuel and non in the oil if it has a separate injection feed.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: edhackett

Ed

In a 2 stroke I would use half the amount in the fuel and non in the oil if it has a separate injection feed.

It is important to note that Kreen has lubricity...

Your probably right, I just fear any powerful solvent in mixed fuels 2 strokes. I realize alcohol is also a solvent but the ones in Kreen are much stronger, personally I err on the side of caution. Cleaning an engine that needs it is one thing but you don't want to do any damage doing it.

49.gif

Your probably right, I just fear any powerful solvent in mixed fuels 2 strokes. I realize alcohol is also a solvent but the ones in Kreen are much stronger, personally I err on the side of caution. Cleaning an engine that needs it is one thing but you don't want to do any damage doing it.

49.gif

Absolutely agreed! But the two strokes I have used it in have responded well. My favorite leaf blower has a lot of hours on it and still runs and starts like new after a couple of ounces of Kreen in the fuel right along with the regular mixture of gas/oil. You get used to the reduced performance because it happens so gradually, but kreen works right now...

Can I use Kreen in a motorcycle with a wet clutch?

I bought a bike that's been sitting for a while and I was thinking to run this through the oil before changing. And the fuel too (after draining what's in there).

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

49.gif

Absolutely agreed! But the two strokes I have used it in have responded well. My favorite leaf blower has a lot of hours on it and still runs and starts like new after a couple of ounces of Kreen in the fuel right along with the regular mixture of gas/oil. You get used to the reduced performance because it happens so gradually, but kreen works right now...

I've used it on a few chainsaws that a neighbor was going to toss. I upped the two cycle oil mix by 50% and used the Kreen for about half a tank of gas in one of the machines with good results. The others became parts donors. It eliminated the saw bogging down when I went from idle to full throttle after repeated attempts at adjusting the carburetor failed. I would only use it when all else has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back