What size drain plug 2008 Ford Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked all over, including on Amazon, Oreilly's, AutoZone, RockAuto, and JCWhitney... And I cannot confirm which size of drain plug is the correct one. They say either M14 x 1.50 or M12 x 1.75. I have a feeling that for whatever reason some of these sites are incorrectly assuming that the Edge has a 2.0L 4cyl engine when in fact it's a 3.5L V6. I think the correct size is M12 x 1.75, but I'm asking here in case any of you know for sure.

m12x1.75
I put your info (2008 Ford Edge, 3.5) into the part finder on the Fumoto valve website.
btw: the fumoto is a an F107N

and that's the same one i Put on my Sable.(Same engine) and I have zero clearance issues.

I have the Sable's drain plug right here, but all it say son it is "Metric"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
m12x1.75
I put your info (2008 Ford Edge, 3.5) into the part finder on the Fumoto valve website.

and that's the same one i Put on my Sable.(Same engine) and I have zero clearance issues.

With these drain plugs, do you totally rely on the valve seat of the valve, or is there some other way the valve seals?

Thanks. I'm looking to find a magnetic one for a good deal.

Of course, I'll have to wait til Monday before actually deciding to get one or not (the bank was supposed to let us know if we won the bid today or if someone outbid us, but the woman in charge of that took today off).

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: earlyre
m12x1.75

With these drain plugs, do you totally rely on the valve seat of the valve, or is there some other way the valve seals?

huh?

tig1, if you asking how the Fumoto works, (which is what i think you are asking)
see this graphic
fumoto-valve-mechanism.jpg

from this Page

http://www.vehicleaccessoryreviews.com/review/fumoto-drain-valve.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back