STP S-10590, CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon folks
smile.gif

Filter and ST Synthetic 5w30 off of a friends 2015 F-150 extended cab work pickup for 5,000 miles. Put on a Federated filter he supplied and more ST Synthetic he brought. Enjoy the pics. Truck has 80,xxx miles on it also.

Interesting, I was expecting a Champ ecore made STP in this application. But this one is a M&H Puro made blue can STP. Knew 'some' AZ were using Puro made STP and iirc seems you posted one before from that region.

What I can see, this one looks quite good at 5k miles.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Interesting, I was expecting a Champ ecore made STP in this application. But this one is a M&H Puro made blue can STP. Knew 'some' AZ were using Puro made STP and iirc seems you posted one before from that region.

Thanks for c&p.

You're very welcome sir
smile.gif

Thanks for c&p.

I was thinking the same thing. Did not know Puro was doing STP filters.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Heh heh, You just wasted a perfectly good oil filter
grin2.gif

Yeah, he might want to go 2x oil OCI's on his filters

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Thanks for c&p.

I was thinking the same thing. Did not know Puro was doing STP filters.

Another member with a display location out west (Idaho iirc) posted a Puro made blue STP a year or two ago. In this area they are still fram filtration what some call frampion filters. In this application the ff filter is an ecore.

STP Filters were Ecores long before Fram & Champion Labs were owned by a common company.

All Motorking's posting about blue can STP Filters being offshored certainly appears to be inaccurate, whether Ecore or Purolator.

As Champ Labs alone previously (before ff) provided all AZ STP blue can filters it's true that some were "ecores" using the nylon/plastic cage. Others however were Champ classic metal endcap construction with a separate bypass. The S6607, and S2808 were examples of Champ classic construction. The 3614 has been an ecore using a combo valve. The old Super Tech filter line was very similar, but ST offered a classic construction 7317 application too.

One change in STP blue can supplied by 'fram filtration' fram/champ made filters is the S2808 now Fram fiber endcap construction. The S6607 still classic construction, the 3614 still an ecore. The ff made STP made filters still sold in AZ's locally, and the topic filter S10590 is an ecore.

Seems the information provided that all AZ STP blue cans had been 'off shored' and those ff made left old stock, was inaccurate. I found the topic S10590 with a manufacture date first week this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back