New 1000 HP blown big block

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
Or I should say a customers mill landed in the shop. What a piece of work this thing is.

Going in a 27ft cat we been working on all spring.

Extensive rework, quarter cap and blend, new interior seating gauges.

Very very nice ride when its all over. Open checkbook rework.

UD

L0MPrlN.jpg

jgpzprr.png

You have a cool job
smile.gif
I was expecting to seen some carnage, you must mean it has a super charger on it when you say blown.lol

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
You have a cool job
smile.gif
I was expecting to seen some carnage, you must mean it has a super charger on it when you say blown.lol

I thought exactly the same thing
smile.gif

Yes I meant a supercharged big block.

I believe its a 572 (9.3L) so its going to need a lot of wind.
The 5 liter whipple charger should fit the bill.

UD

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Yes, I think I have seen something similar in a boat thread somewhere... But it is a cool job and a cool project
laugh.gif

Im hoping to get some seat time from the guy.

UD

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Yes I meant a supercharged big block.

I believe its a 572 (9.3L) so its going to need a lot of wind.
The 5 liter whipple charger should fit the bill.

UD

9.3L! ???
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that like the Miami Vice boat ?
grin.gif

Not really those were mostly big V hulls. Big wave crushing beasts 40ft+
Cigarette is the known brand name pretty sure the most known on that show was a WellCraft- the model they called the "Scarab" were the type boats on Miami vice.

This is a 27 ft cat. An air entrapment hull - very very fast.

UD

OMG, a blower on a 572. Even conservatively tuned that is an amazingly powerful setup.

Love the water cooled headers, those are gorgeous...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I was thinking about putting a World Products 1000 HP engine in My flat bottom but before I could decide my neighbor bought the boat. There was a 2 year warranty at the time on the engine. It was around 2002. There re soem real neat boats out there.

Beautiful looking engine!
This is/was my buddies 468 blown big block jet drive youngblood boat. Top speed was only around 87 but it got you there in a hurry!
Like most things like this, it was a money pit, especially the fuel costs so he sold it and purchased a 300 H/P Merc outboard on a version of a pickle fork. His top speed in this boat is currently at 107 mph GPS's.

I miss the jet boat as it was less nerve racking than his new one, which has been over, unfortunately!
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back