2016 Impala road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going on a road trip in my son in laws Impala.
We are going from Denver to Las Vegas then to Anaheim and finally To San Diego.
Then back to Vegas and finally Denver.
It is the midnight edition model with the V6.
I will report back after the trip on how the car did.
It is very highly rated so I expect it to be a good trip.

Reports are that GM may discontinue the Impala, the Volt, and the Sonic (plus some Cadillac sedans) due to low sales.

Originally Posted By: OTCW
Reports are that GM may discontinue the Impala, the Volt, and the Sonic (plus some Cadillac sedans) due to low sales.

I read that, it's a shame because these big GM sedans are really nice! Problem is, no one is buying large cars anymore. Buyers spending $30k+ prefer to put that money towards an SUV instead.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I read that, it's a shame because these big GM sedans are really nice! Problem is, no one is buying large cars anymore. Buyers spending $30k+ prefer to put that money towards an SUV instead.

Pretty close to my thoughts.

I'd be interested in that review.
Enjoy the trip...
I got the urge to travel but am trapped here currently.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Fairly idiotic since their suvs (real ones) easily hit $50k, and they have no minivans.

The impala is nice, and will be a great cruiser for that trip.

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
Have fun. Enjoy the open road and countryside.

Not a lot to look at in the deserts of California and Nevada........

any links to this information?

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
any links to this information?

"General Motors insists all is well with its current production capacity and inventory levels, but the United Auto Workers union believes otherwise. According to a revealing report, six GM passenger cars are at risk of being discontinued. These include the Cadillac CT6, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Impala, Chevrolet Sonic, Chevrolet Volt and Buick LaCrosse. All by 2020."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/07/chev.../#ixzz4nhppU5eW

Originally Posted By: marine65
We are going on a road trip in my son in laws Impala.
We are going from Denver to Las Vegas then to Anaheim and finally To San Diego.
Then back to Vegas and finally Denver.

Carry lots of water in the trunk. Like a gallon per person on those long desolate stretches.
I used to put water bottles in a couple of milk crates and tuck them into the corners of the trunk braced by suitcases to avoid tipover.
Don't forget to stop at the Hoover Dam.
In-n-Out burgers are only out west, so don't miss out on the one in Vegas at least!

Let us know if the Impala tranny gives any jerky shifts! The 6 speed 6T75 is already at Gen 3 because of problems!

This may be why Impala, Sonic & some Cadillac sedans are at risk, GM won't fix or admit a problem. sad and I like
any version of the Impala after 2005 except for the tranny.

enjoy the trip!

Here we are in la Jolla .
The Impala is a fine long haul car
Plenty of leg room in the back seat
No jerky transmission issues
This car is smooth and soaks up all but hardest road bumps and even those are quite well muted .
With 4 adults and a trunk full of luggage and average speed 80 MPH the car is getting a bit over 20 miles per gallon.
Two areas could use improvement.
A bit more sound insulation,it's very quiet but could be better.
The biggest fault is the rear seat cushion,too flat and too hard.
But all in all this is a great long distance hauler

How do you like La Jolla? I thought it was very nice there, beautiful right on the ocean! Big $$$. Bring your checkbook.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
How do you like La Jolla? I thought it was very nice there, beautiful right on the ocean! Big $$$. Bring your checkbook.
smile.gif

I have enough money,it is expensive
We are staying in an executive suite at Marriott for 5 days
2 bedrooms,living room and a kitchen .
We shopped at a Ralph's food market.
Besides food coffee etc we were able to buy Bourbon and Vodka in a super market.
Can't do that in Colorado

I rented a 2016 from Hertz for a trip through the midwest. 35 MPG at 70 MPH on "real gas". Came with an oil change nag so I reset it; was down to 84% oil life remaining after my three days of tooling around. Nice car if you like being bored, except for the dentist-size external rear view mirrors. I'd put some convex sticky ones on if it were my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back