Three Dog Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the Youtube 3 dog night videos while eating lunch. Strange.

They were great! IIRC they had three lead vocalists, which lead to their name. Check out the interview Howard Stern had with Chuck Negron several years ago, that's about all I can say..........

Originally Posted By: CT8

LOL!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: CT8

LOL!
lol.gif

Merk I really was!

I saw them live a few years ago. KILLER group!! I met Chuck Negron,who was on lead vocals. What I'd read about them,they got their name from Danny Hutton's girlfriend. She suggested the name after reading a magazine article about indigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground while embracing a dingo (wild dog). On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs and, if the night was freezing,they would sleep with three dogs,and it was a "three dog night".

Danny Hutton from 1965,The Bats. I have this 45:

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
1970 was a killer time for rock and blues. 3DN, Chicago, Moody Blues, Led Zep, etc.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
1970 was a killer time for rock and blues. 3DN, Chicago, Moody Blues, Led Zep, etc.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Wow! You guys are making me so nostalgic. I loved those groups. Add to it Deep Purple, Doobie Brothers, Seals & Crofts, Eagles, America. There has not been, and there probably never will be, another era with as great of rock and roll.

I saw Three Dog Night in concert at Utah State University in, I believe it was 1971. I was too young to have a driver's license yet, so my friend and I caught a ride from a guy that worked at the local stereo store, but lived on campus at the fire house.

I also saw them about 12 years ago at Madisonville Community College in Kentucky.

I love Three Dog Night, but admittedly they are one of those groups that have a lot of members that have came and gone over the years. A lot like the axe that is a family heirloom. The handle has been replaced twice and the axe head three times, but it's an original family heirloom.

Getting ready to spin my original copy of this. Very rare and valuable album. I only paid a few bucks for it
laugh.gif

My brother used to be in a band and they wrote most of their songs but they did a cover of 3DN Never been to Spain and it was a good song. Had never even heard of the band before hearing that song.

I played the drums back then so I paid attention to what Floyd was doing. It was more than just 3 of them.

Saw them in concert a few years ago. Like many artists they do use recorded background tracks in concert. Obviously, they are not as young as they used to be.

They still put on a great show!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back