Photo Bucket No Longer Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Photobucket user here as well (since 2005).

I am currently trying out Flickr. They give you 1 TB of free storage. Flickr is one of a few free photo hosting sites that preserves EXIF data, but getting a direct link to your photo in order to post on a UBB board such as this one is a bit of a PITA.

If you don't care about EXIF (most people don't), then Imgur is a good option, IME.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I'm giving photobucket 6 months until the company goes bellyup

...pretty much what I was thinking.

I just don't get it. $400 is highway robbery, and is way over the mental limit that the vast majority of people would consider a reasonable amount. If they made it $5 (or even $10) per year, I think most people who use their service would be on board, and they would be bringing in a pretty big haul as a result - more than enough to cover costs. At $400 per person, they'd need roughly one out of every 80 people to buy in, in order to get the same income out of it, and frankly I don't ever see that happening. Heck, I don't think even 1 out of every 400 people would buy in at $400 a pop.

I suppose one other possibility is that in another month or so, they come out with some sort of public announcement like "Well, we can't do this without our client base, and we want to reward everyone for being so loyal, so for just 1 month, we're dropping our price to $50" or some B.S. like that, and tons of people bite.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I suppose one other possibility is that in another month or so, they come out with some sort of public announcement like "Well, we can't do this without our client base, and we want to reward everyone for being so loyal, so for just 1 month, we're dropping our price to $50" or some B.S. like that, and tons of people bite.

Their site has been so slow and crippled with ads, that I wouldn't even give them $50.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

Their site has been so slow and crippled with ads, that I wouldn't even give them $50.

Yup. Never log onto that site without adblock enabled.

what [censored] me off is all the threads out there with images of...

i'm going to postimage. in the mean time, is there a utility for all the PB users out there, to reconcile PB images with postimage hosted images? or do i have to revisit every forum, control panel, find my posts, and manually change (if that late of editing is even possible)?

tia,
parker

This money grab by PB is not going well. People [censored] off all over the internet. This will be the death of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back