Mopar and Fram Ultra side by side 3.6L Pentastar

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT - what do you think of the Pentastar from a reliability / durability standpoint? Anybody had any issues? I am strongly considering a new Charger in the next 2 - 3 months.

Originally Posted By: Big Smoke
OT - what do you think of the Pentastar from a reliability / durability standpoint? Anybody had any issues? I am strongly considering a new Charger in the next 2 - 3 months.

I am really happy with mine. No issues and good power.

They are good engines, make good power, and get decent fuel mileage. I have seen a few that had the rollers on the rocker arms go bad, a few bad coils, and a good bit of leaking oil coolers, a lot of bad oil pressure sensors too.

I have two in my garage. Both engines have been solid.

Thanks for the feedback. So much for waiting a few months. I bought a 17 Charger on Thursday. I am already in love with the car. Hate the 1 - 2 second tick at cold start up, but had read up on this so I was prepared. Still don't like hearing it. Hopefully QSUD 5w-30 will help. Now if I could only decide when to dump the FF.

Adding a pic in the photo section.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. So much for waiting a few months. I bought a 17 Charger on Thursday. I am already in love with the car. Hate the 1 - 2 second tick at cold start up, but had read up on this so I was prepared. Still don't like hearing it. Hopefully QSUD 5w-30 will help. Now if I could only decide when to dump the FF.

Adding a pic in the photo section.

Congrats. I saw the photo. Beautiful car.

The consensus on the wrangler forum is that the FF on those pentastars at least is nothing but bulk conventional pennzoil. My manual even spec's it by brand name. I changed my FF at 750 miles and am doing every 5K now.

If you got a DVD and quickstart guide only you can go to the website and request the "big' owners manual for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back