Mailing in UOA sampled

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have mentioned before mailing in a sample in the round container adds 2 weeks onto processing time. My samples always got there but probably waited on a round desk for 2 weeks in some central post office.

Took same round container and placed in padded envelope (reuse of one) and mailed on Tue and received on Thur. Postage was within a few cents of mailing just round container.

This UOA will determine if I should change oil or not so I wanted it ASAP, other times it's more for a trend and response time is not that important.

Blackstone just emailed me that they are now offering free postage.

Now I just need to get a round to it.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Is this from your truck with the bypass filter?
How many miles are on the sample?

Roughly 7500. Sample taken when OLM said to change oil.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

It's not free. They are just offering post paid postage. You pay for it one way or the other.

How much is Blackstone with TBN and postage?

NAPA is $16 + $3 postage, TBN included.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

It's not free. They are just offering post paid postage. You pay for it one way or the other.

How much is Blackstone with TBN and postage?

NAPA is $16 + $3 postage, TBN included.

Blackstone:
Return postage is now paid by Blackstone. The labels on our black mailers have a bar code on them. If you have that sort of label, and you're mailing your kit from within the US, you’re all set; just drop the kit in the mail.
---------------------
So then Blackstone charges for the shipping at the time they do the test fee?

Thanks

I always mail the UOA sample bottle in a padded envelope so posties don't mess with it,
they easily consider oil a "hazardous goods" and delay it or pull it from the mails!

Why take a chance? You all wait months to see what the results are at a OCI!

I take 2 samples and save one as a back-up. So far using padded envelopes, no samples have been
lost!

I always put it in a small box and mail them through USPS first class ($2.77). I also write in the sample form that they e-mail the results. I dropped it in the blue box July 11th, received an e-mail with the results July 18th. This is with the Wix/NAPA UOA kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back